Custom Metal Fabrication - Stands and Light Racks

s2k

Here's a custom light rack/canopy that tilts up for access and is bolted to the wall. This customer did not want to take away from the beauty of his rimless tank and we ended up with this design. It was a major project that required tearing out the drywall to mount the rack. There are gas shocks that hold the canopy up when needed.

Really nice light rack. I might want something similar for my tank. I'll be in your area on Saturday to visit Descanso. Are you going to be at the shop?

FYI, lateral resistance can be achieved both down and up. The same brace you used inside the wall downwards can work the same upwards. It's the same torsional moment.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
FYI, lateral resistance can be achieved both down and up. The same brace you used inside the wall downwards can work the same upwards. It's the same torsional moment.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Absolutely, but there is a limit in length since the rack would be very close to the ceiling in Toan's case. Also, I wouldn't want to try and install this with a tank in place, it was a big enough pain without anything in the way.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Wow very nice...i am still amazed at where you find the time and energy to do everything that you do aaron. Much respect bro.