GFO reactor question

I'm setting up my new GFO reactor and wondering, should I use the foam pads inside of it or leave them out and just use the plastic grids?

Any help would be appreciated!

ViaAqua PR 20/20
Use the foam blondie. It well help from large gfo particles going released in ur system.
That's what I was thinking but I watched the BRS how-to video (I know it's a different brand) and it said to only use the pads when using carbon. I set it all up and was rinsing it by sucking the water through the reactor with the feed pump into a bucket. A lot of the granules came out into the bucket though, so I thought maybe I need to put the foam pad in the top.

pgr11

Supporter
ViaAqua PR 20/20

That's what I was thinking but I watched the BRS how-to video (I know it's a different brand) and it said to only use the pads when using carbon. I set it all up and was rinsing it by sucking the water through the reactor with the feed pump into a bucket. A lot of the granules came out into the bucket though, so I thought maybe I need to put the foam pad in the top.
I have the same one and ditched the pads. I flush it real good and place the outlet in the sock

Thx guys. Emac is 2 for 3 now. :p
I should've waited to hear what others thought. I put the pad in and now no tumble at all. :(
I didn't think about putting a sock on the outlet.
Thanks guys!

OMG!!! Nvm... I know I'm gonna regret admitting this but it is tumbling fine with the foam pad... I guess I had just forgotten to plug it in.
I know I know... let the hazing begin :eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts