HELP! Need lighting advice ASAP!

HI Reefers :)
I am in need of advice quick! I have been looking to replace my 4x54w t5 retro in my canopy w led strips. My tank is 60 gl. 48 long x 15 wide x 18 deep . It is a mixed reef but LPS dominant , alot of acans and scolys on sandbed, and 7 Anemones. I already have a 48 in strip Truelumen Pro blue..and want to add 2 more 48 in strips to replace the t5s. Would 3 strips be enough for my corals , and what color combos should I get the other 2 in ( Marine fusion or blue ). They are on sale this weekend so if I'm gonna pull the trigger I need to do it soon. Hoping to hear from anybody who has run these .. good or bad. I have called Marine depot twice, and am getting sort of wishy washy answers. So I put the order on hold till I can get some advice here... thanks everyone for the help! :)
Jami

I like the look of the t5s.. but the clutter and the heat make me want to switch over to the strips.. Do you think it would be too little par without the t5s? I can't find any info on these strips as stand alone lighting for LPS and Anemones..

Hmm.. that is a possiblity.. what config would you suggest? .. I have a blue strip already.. and 2 ati B+, 1 C+ ,and 1 ABS+ right now... You think 2 t5s and 2 strips will be strong enough for LPS mainly..just a few sps right now.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi jami, I don't know much about those strips either but from my search just now, they look like they are just supplemental lighting. Do you know how many watts they are?

The 48 in strips are 30 watts each..MD is saying they are good for lps at 15 inches.. but they sound "iffy" to me.. :/
Hi jami, I don't know much about those strips either but from my search just now, they look like they are just supplemental lighting. Do you know how many watts they are?

Latest posts