Need Help!!! PLEASE

thechad

So I have a 50 Gallon cube that I am trying to get the water flo set up to get the most effective circulation for all of the SPS that I have. I have 2 of the MP-10's and the return coming from the right center of the overflow box. I am looking for ideas on where to place the MP-10's and on which cycle would be best. Any ideas???? Right now they is one on each side of the tank. I can take a picture and post it if that would help. Thanks in advance!!!!

Chad

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi, always tried and true but place one on each side facing against each other midway up the tank. I like reefcrest mode personally. If they're wireless you can set them up to create some nice waves. Got any pics of the tank?

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
Back wall would be my suggestion because flow will pusha nd bounce off the fronat panel and move the water into the overflow box/HTH

theweaz

On cube tanks it doesn't really matter which side you put them on. I have 2 one on each side of my center overflow on the back glass.

I'm using Reefcrest mode mostly but if you have an Apex with WXM like i do, I have it set to change every few hours but I'm kind of a hooker when it comes to equipment though.

Yeah depending on ur aquascape. I would use one on the back side going across the tank and one on the opposite side blowing to the front...a lot of build up likes to build up along the back wall of tanks. This way the one going across the back would prevent that.

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
I have two mp40s on my back wall of my cube and it works great, plus u don't have them hanging off the sides getting in the way.

Hey Chad, Currents and flow are the zen of reef keeping..If you ask 2 million reef keepers what they do, you will get 2 million worthless responses..Your tank has it's own needs....As a general rule of thumb: run way more flow than you think you need...Most reefers will agree with this advise...I personally run an MP10 and a giant Koralia (plus the return) on a 30 cube just with softies and lps..I pulse the pumps to provide areas of intense flow..I believe the SPS guy/gals will advise that you run MUCH more flow than you currently have set up..... ES

DeadCalm

I have a 3 foot cube and messed around with placement for weeks. I tried the both on the back and also one on back and one the side. What finally worked for me was both on the left side (one close to front and one in the back). This works for me because I have kind of an island of rock in the middle of my tank. So the pump flow is in front of the rock work and in back of the rock work. I have my low flow loving lps on the right side of the tank sheltered by the rock work. I don't have the pumps synced and I use reef crest on both for random flow.

Latest posts