Laguna 2400 pump inline

Spinner

Supporter
I had to send my four Reeflo Blow Hole 2700 pumps back for my close loop because they are having a start up problem with them. Now i need new close loop pumps and was thinking four Laguna 2400gph or 2000gph but would need to run them inline.
Is anyone using the 2400 or 2000 inline? If so could you post pics and what click fit fittings did you use. I need 1 1/2" for both input and output:)

Thank You,

IMO, you may need to look into a DC pump. The hardest thing on a pump is starting and stopping. DC pumps can be ramped up and down without actually stopping.

Spinner

Supporter
IMO, you may need to look into a DC pump. The hardest thing on a pump is starting and stopping. DC pumps can be ramped up and down without actually stopping.
Thank you i am looking the Waveline DC 12000 @ 3120gph can be pre ordered as of today. I am already plumbed for four pumps so thats around $ 1,100.00 and the DC 10000 can't be ordered yet....it just sucks that they designed the large Maxflo pumps not to be run inline:(

Spinner u can run the lagunas in line, ur just going to have to DIY some PVC connections. I've seen people epoxy PVC parts on to the end of the pump, and the pump worked great. Just use unions before and after. It's really easy. (Or So I've read)

Spinner

Supporter
I don't understand this. The Maxflow is intended to be a submersible pond pump. It is us that are using it in an unconventional method.
You know how it is our hobby has been DIY..N products changes for 25 years that i know of. The larger pumps were not set up to run inline with their click fit system.

Spinner

Supporter
Spinner u can run the lagunas in line, ur just going to have to DIY some PVC connections. I've seen people epoxy PVC parts on to the end of the pump, and the pump worked great. Just use unions before and after. It's really easy. (Or So I've read)
**** and i call myself the QUEEN of Diy's i didn't even think about that Schnitzel:) Do you remember if they just used pvc glue to make those connections to the pump? I would only need to do it on the inlet because i can use the above click fit on the outlet....i think:)
I will need to get John to build some custom acrylic stands to support them.....i know you don't have faith in him but i do:)lol

Thanks i am going with Lagunas.....WAhOOoooooo

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
**** and i call myself the QUEEN of Diy's i didn't even think about that Schnitzel:) Do you remember if they just used pvc glue to make those connections to the pump? I would only need to do it on the inlet because i can use the above click fit on the outlet....i think:)
I will need to get John to build some custom acrylic stands to support them.....i know you don't have faith in him but i do:)lol

i would also like a custom stand if you have they made for the 2400

Wrong! ...I am the #1 john supporter. John just built my frag tank. Me and john are buds.

If u get him to build u a stand for ur 2400, let me know. I want one for my pump as well.

I tried to google a DIY write up, but I couldn't find any. I know there's a couple on RC

Spinner

Supporter
Wrong! ...I am the #1 john supporter. John just built my frag tank. Me and john are buds.
I know you are SR i was just messN with you:)

I do want him to build me four stands for the 2400's so i am ready when you guy's are? Could you spear head this for us SR with John because your his BUD?:gossip:

I know you are SR i was just messN with you:)

I do want him to build me four stands for the 2400's so i am ready when you guy's are? Could you spear head this for us SR with John because your his BUD?:gossip:
I can work it out, but I need someone else to design the stand. Only thing I am good at designing is a chili cheese dog. Lol

Here's the stand off of a 1500 bubble king motor

Here's a DIY I found online

Any better ideas? It's gotta have either suction cups, or little rubber feet so it won't slide around or vibrate.

Spinner

Supporter
That looks great to me i would maybe like four rubber feet i have seen Aquamax sells them on ebay? Put me down for 4 pump stands and i will check on the rubber feet if wanted?

That looks great to me i would maybe like four rubber feet i have seen Aquamax sells them on ebay? Put me down for 4 pump stands and i will check on the rubber feet if wanted?
Maybe u misunderstood me, I can't design for crap and john won't be able to either. If u can come up with a design with all the measurements and what not, john can build it. And I'll talk to him about doing it for us.

But Someone else needs to figure out all the details.

Spinner

Supporter
LOL i did") No problem i am ordering pumps soon as i get refunded from Reeflo so i will have right sizes. Already have a design that will be easy for John to build and Marine Depot has Aquamax rubber feet for $ 1.99 each.
We build it just like he builds his single sock holders but has cut out for pump on the top in lieu of sock hole it will be just a little taller to allow flow under pump and install rubber feet.......BAM

Last edited: