Where to get scuba certified

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
I just got my PADI certification last month. I did mine with Signature Scuba in Rancho Cucamonga though. The instructor was really nice and knowledgeable. I don't know where you could do it in the OC though.

sourheart

Check out Pacific Wilderness in Orange. I got PADI certified by their shop in San Pedro. They also seem to have Living Social deals for 1/2 off lessons every now and then.

Not Orange County per say but Eco dive center was great when I got certified. The price was great and they're all top notch instructors

Oops didn't notice the date

Definitely check out Open Water Habitat. They have the greatest costumer service and knowledge. Gary and Mike are the owners and they have a passion for diving. My father and I recently got certified, my girl friend is now taking her classes. Highly recommend checking them out. They service any old gear you might have so you don't have to buy new stuff from them. They don't try to sell you crap you don't need. Definitely will help you scuba skills when learning from enthusiasts like Mike and Gary.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Check out Pacific Wilderness in Orange. I got PADI certified by their shop in San Pedro. They also seem to have Living Social deals for 1/2 off lessons every now and then.
+1 for Pacific Wilderness San Pedro, never been to the one in the OC but the guys in Pedro know whats up.

My dad and I want to get certified to scuba dive this summer. Anywhere in Orange County I could go to for this?
I have a suggestion. Fullerton College teaches Scuba. Best part is, they have the time and resources to make sure you have a better than basic understanding of how to be safe. The instructor's name is Rhett and a good guy. They can and will rent your equipment for less than some of the other places as well as have many beach/boat dives scheduled every semester.

first choice Pacific Wildness, 2nd Sports Chalet, 3rd local mama and papa shop they're cheap and pass you even tho you fail swimming test.. :)

I got my regular open water, and advanced open water through Pacific Wilderness both Orange and San Pedro... back in the day though.

you dont need to be an Olympic swimmer to become a certified diver all you need to know is how to kick your fin... cuz you ain't swimming like a fish underwater.

Latest posts