someone is eating my zoas...

Okay so lately somethings been eating away at my zoas.

At first I thought it was falling off the rocks and some were but not like 12-15heads at a time.

This is only happening to the smaller ones.

example.. in this picture The smaller zoos next to the eagle eye. They are all gone but the eagle eyes are intact. I had 12+ blue tubs. In 1 day it was all gone. I also had these zoas on a rock wedged in. All are gone except the big one. Ended up on the sanded bed twice so far. Put it up back on the rock last night, back on the sandbed this morning. Probably like 6 left on the rock of 15-20.

I have all these other zoos scattered around but they have not been touched yet. Much bigger than the ones that have been disappearing. Only the smaller ones are being chomped on or so I think. I have jokers/blue tubs ones that are left but nobody has touched them. same location as the ones that were being chomped on. Left side of the tank.

Fish list is.

Coral Beauty- Never had any problems. Keeping an eye on him
Blue Hippo Tang- Got this one about a month or 2 back. 5" Happening after I got this guy
(2) b/w clowns- I dont think its these 2 at all.
1 tomato clown- never comes out of the Rbta unless its feeding time.
1 6line- ??
2 chromis- these 2 are just plain stupid.

this is getting nuts..

Oh and this is only happening on the left of the tank. So I moved everything higher and to the right of the tank. Just the ones I was able to move.

therapy

I had a hippo tang that out of the blue ate all my zoo's. I saw him doing it!

My zoos disappear all in a span of 8hrs.

I was at home for lunch.. everything was peaceful. the zoos that were half eaten I moved them to the right of the tank on a flat rock. not touched today. hopefully it'll heal there and regrow all the lost one.

made sure everyone was well fed today.

blue tangs are notorious for eating zoas. I would pull that fish in a heartbeat.

Large copepods only eat sick/decaying zoas. With the sixline in there i would imagine that your copepod population would not be too large.

hey sup paul..

yeah I gotta take caution when your order comes in.

Everything ont he right side of the tank nothing gets touched..

Yeah I had fireworms eat my mushrooms, never my zoos. But my blue tang on the other hand, that little bugger eats zoos - frogspawn - xenias. Hmm I think that all I have personaly seen him munch. As long as he is feed properly never have any problem. The wierd thing is you are only have problem on the one side. So I dont think its the Tang - its some other coral killer!

do you have those little white starfishes that crawl around in your tank and hang out on the glass??? those guys eat zoas! from my experience, they seem to like eating the little babies that are starting to sprout out, then work their way to the bigger one's till the colony dies!!! i couldn't figure it out, until my tub blues were almost dead. i picked up a harlequin shrimp, and now my zoas are happy again. the harlequin shrimp wiped out my starfishes, and nothing had died since... :) hope this helps... good luck!

I found the bugger that was eating my zoos. It was my Blue Hippo tang.

I got rid of him yesterday. was sent back to the original owner. hope he is happy to be back with all his friends.

Latest posts