ReefRaft SPS Brown-out competition!!!!!!!!! 6/7-1/1

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
I finally got the details worked out w/ Tony and we decided to move forward with this-

SPS BROWN OUT CHALLENGE - ReefRaft & IEMAS
ReefRaft & IEMAS 1st annual brown out challenge!

THERE ARE ONLY 20 AVAILABLE PARTICIPANT SPOTS

Pre-qualifications:
1.Post a pic of your tank & coral on this thread. This verifies you are able to take decent pics for the contest!
2. Give us a Brief overview of your setup
-Lighting
-Filtration
-Gallons
-Feeding habbits + Livestock
-What you dose

3. 50$ buy in, you will receive 3 different ReefRaft browned out SPS frags.The 3 SPS frags will be browned out, but will come from a very nice (possibly L.E. colony). WYSIWYG photos will be up shortly. Add your name to the list to sign up. Only 1 buy-in per participant.

Contest Rules:
1.Post a pic of your frag within 48hrs of receiving it. Use a tape measure or ruler in picture to show us all your starting frag size.
2. Post a pic every once a month with measurements if possible to show growth. (No EXCEPTIONS)
3. Try and be nice.

Prizes:
The person who is voted the winner will receive a ReefRaft : $200 gift certificate

The Grand prize will be awarded to the person who is voted to have the best looking frag or hopefully colony by the contest end date 1/1/14. The winner of the Grand Prize won't necessarily be just the best growth but also judged on color and growth formation. Everyone on the forums will have a chance to vote!
Contest frags will be handed out from 6/7 - 6/9.

Frags will need to be picked up from Tony at ReefRaft. Pick up will be from 11am-7pm.

ReefRaft
7653 W. Garden Grove Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA
714-896-6789

There are only 20 spots open so please RSVP & Make payment asap.
Thanks
The Corals
acro 1

acro 2

acro 3

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm in. I'll post info when I get home
john all 3

-Lighting 4 t5 and 130 watt led , frag tank kessil 360w
-Filtration - xp2000 skimmer, uv and ozone (one hour a day), fuge 24 hours, carbon, gfo
-Gallons 120 plus 10 gallon frag tank
-Feeding habbits + Livestock...2-3 cube a day, rods food, wikedfiest and reef nutrition, chevron, purple, 3 flames, 2 saddle clowns, barlett anthias, hawk . Frag tank- phantom clown, normal clown and damsel, mainly sps,
-What you dose 2 part ..about 20-40 ml, and random stuff when i feel like it

Last edited:

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm in heres my info..

heres a pic from the other contest showing how i take pics.

lighting: LED/T5 combo
Filtration: 80g Mangrove/macro algae refugium - ASM G3 skimmer
GAllons: 150g display, 270g total volume
livestock: yellow tang, purple tang, powder blue tang, pair of yellow coris, pair of snowflake clowns, 1 male randals anthia, 3 female randals anthias, 1 female lyretail anthia, mcCosker wrasse, female leopard wrasse, lawnmower blenny, and 3 fat chromis.
Feeding: nori all day, and ramdom selection of mysis, fish roe, wickedfeast, rods regular, formula 1&2 RDF. for corals: oysterfeast and golden pearls.
Dose: CAL, ALK and MAG on GHL profilux doser.

So I'm paying $50 for a brown out frag hoping for a chance to win $200 store credit....and Reef Raft get $1000 for getting rid of the brown out frags? It seems the winner here is Reef Raft!
If this contest is conducted in the best interest of the fellow reefers...the winner should get $1000 in cold hard cash not $200 store credit.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
So I'm paying $50 for a brown out frag hoping for a chance to win $200 store credit....and Reef Raft get $1000 for getting rid of the brown out frags? It seems the winner here is Reef Raft!
If this contest is conducted in the best interest of the fellow reefers...the winner should get $1000 in cold hard cash not $200 store credit.
If a sponsor takes in 1000 and gives away 1000, what's in it for the store. But yea the prize should be higher since $200 in credit is really nothing to them

more grow out contest drama lol

I was there when they started to work things out for the contest, and that was awhile ago. So it was probably hard to get an agreement with RR, even if some don't like it.

So if you don't like where this is going, don't buy in!

I'm in. I'll post info when I get home
john all 3

-Lighting 4 t5 and 130 watt led , frag tank kessil 360w
-Filtration - xp2000 skimmer, uv and ozone (one hour a day), fuge 24 hours, carbon, gfo
-Gallons 120 plus 10 gallon frag tank
-Feeding habbits + Livestock...2-3 cube a day, rods food, wikedfiest and reef nutrition, chevron, purple, 3 flames, 2 saddle clowns, barlett anthias, hawk . Frag tank- phantom clown, normal clown and damsel, mainly sps,
-What you dose 2 part ..about 20-40 ml, and random stuff when i feel like it
good looking tank bro, it is coming along nice.

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree, don't like the idea don't buy in and don't say anything. I would but my new tank isn't set up yet but I like the idea.

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
I guess if you don't want to participate I will spend $50 end up with 3 frags and a $200 credit to the shop!

I've had a few brown frags become really nice when colored up. Jownwin has one of my browned out reef raft pieces that colored up white w yellow coralites. Its like a $50 grab-bag.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I guess if you don't want to participate I will spend $50 end up with 3 frags and a $200 credit to the shop!

I've had a few brown frags become really nice when colored up. Jownwin has one of my browned out reef raft pieces that colored up white w yellow coralites. Its like a $50 grab-bag.

Is that the same piece u gave me at the can food drive? It's now pink with yellow tips. Pretty bitchen!!

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
Is that the same piece u gave me at the can food drive? It's now pink with yellow tips. Pretty bitchen!!
You got the yellow tips to show?? I have only gotten red w white in my tank... you lucky sob

Latest posts