Riverside County LFS

Hey Guys,

Looking to branch out from the LFStores here in Temecula. Any suggestions for anything up the 15 or 215?

Thanks!

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
Hey Vince. Welcome to SCR! Post an intro thread on the welcome mat and tell us about yourself! Make sure to post pics.

I live in Riverside and would be willing to show you around the LFSs in the area. We have quite a few. First is Tropical Reef in Rancho, then Global in Ontario, Mystic in Jurupa, Daryls/Fish Fantasy/Treasures in Riverside. I also think there's a spot called saltys by castle park. Anyway, make an intro thread!

pgr11

Supporter
Hey Vince. Welcome to SCR! Post an intro thread on the welcome mat and tell us about yourself! Make sure to post pics.

I live in Riverside and would be willing to show you around the LFSs in the area. We have quite a few. First is Tropical Reef in Rancho, then Global in Ontario, Mystic in Jurupa, Daryls/Fish Fantasy/Treasures in Riverside. I also think there's a spot called saltys by castle park. Anyway, make an intro thread!
Do Not take him up on this offer its a scam!!!! Oh he'll show you around d alright but I'm not sure you wanna see what he's gonna show you. Everado was shown around by Al, has anyone heard from him lately?????

BTW welcome to the forum and do post up in the welcome mat

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
Do Not take him up on this offer its a scam!!!! Oh he'll show you around d alright but I'm not sure you wanna see what he's gonna show you. Everado was shown around by Al, has anyone heard from him lately?????

BTW welcome to the forum and do post up in the welcome mat
Chris is still mad that I don't want to be his life partner. I'm not on that team bro!

nex

not much of a fan of tropical reef in rancho and treasures of the sea in riverside.
everything else mentioned is aces. JMHO.

Just posted this in the local section, but maybe helpful here as well. So far I've been to
Salties: (great fishes not much coral) small but very clean store and tanks. Healthy looking fish.
Fish Fantasy: bigger story, fair selection of both fish and coral. not as clean or fish as happy looking as salties IMO.
Mystic Reef: huge selection of Corals lots of frags very helpful and kind service person. Not many fish but went Saturday and they restock Mondays. tanks looked the dirtiest but corals looked happy and healthy.

Have also been to petco off of tyler: new setup but looked great (could be because it was new lol) also the one in Moreno valley bigger selection but did not look as clean fish did not seem as happy a little stressed. both were fish only no coral. staff was not as knowledgeable as other fish only stores.

Question. I have heard of Daryl's in the Brockton arcade twice now but I only see Elliot's pet store on google. I live down the street would like to visit them. Elliots was a mixed pet store. helpful staff but only saw freshwater fish.

Jmkb02

Just posted this in the local section, but maybe helpful here as well. So far I've been to
Salties: (great fishes not much coral) small but very clean store and tanks. Healthy looking fish.
Fish Fantasy: bigger story, fair selection of both fish and coral. not as clean or fish as happy looking as salties IMO.
Mystic Reef: huge selection of Corals lots of frags very helpful and kind service person. Not many fish but went Saturday and they restock Mondays. tanks looked the dirtiest but corals looked happy and healthy.

Have also been to petco off of tyler: new setup but looked great (could be because it was new lol) also the one in Moreno valley bigger selection but did not look as clean fish did not seem as happy a little stressed. both were fish only no coral. staff was not as knowledgeable as other fish only stores.

Question. I have heard of Daryl's in the Brockton arcade twice now but I only see Elliot's pet store on google. I live down the street would like to visit them. Elliots was a mixed pet store. helpful staff but only saw freshwater fish.
Elliot's saltwater is along the far wall behind fresh, be careful
With their selection to as they tend to have ich and other diseases. If you can quarantine them their prices are awesome, just something that is must from them. Everyone else is good about copper tanks and getting good fish. For fish quality, fish fantasy. For coral mystic or treasures.

Visited two riverside fish stores yesterday, Fish Fantasy on Arlington near Van Buren and Salties on Indiana between Tyler and La Sierra. Fish Fantasy was okay. They had half the store for fresh and half for salt. They had an okay assortment of fish but I kinda felt it lacking. Why do some LFSs remind me of opium dens?

Salties on the other hand had a decent selection of corals and fish, albeit a little pricey. The store's a bit cramped but the fish seemed healthy. He had some cool things that I hadn't seen other places.

try mystic reef in riverside
and also a sponsor Jason/tropical reef in rancho cucamunga
Plus one both great shops
I visited both of these shops and they were great. I'll be back to both for sure.

Jason at Tropical Reef Fish Store was very knowledgable and gave me a lot of advice on my fish selections. They have a good selection of both fish and corals with a buy-three-get-one-free frag tank.

Jeremy at The Mystic Reef was over-the-top helpful and was very into what I was doing with my tank. He showed genuine interest and had a bunch of cool stuff that he kept making deals with me on. I ended up buying a lot from him and he kept throwing in more stuff! A+

Another bump for The Mystic Reef, in Riverside. Went in to talk to him about promoting Reefapalozza and he was already doing so and was super friendly and helpful still. Found some great macros there at great prices and, BTW, his brother writes articles for Reef Hobbyist magazine that you can pick up at any reef store.

Mystic Reef is an Ok Spot, but you need to know your prices. They like to mark **** up alot and say some things are rare when there really not. Iv heard them rip off a couple noobs by alot and i think that gives a bad name to the hobby. i mean i know mark up and all that to cover overhead but when making it up more than average its just to much. Time and time again i have gone in looking at something i get one price then when i decide not to it comes down to a reasonable price after the fact. lol.

Mystic Reef is an Ok Spot, but you need to know your prices. They like to mark **** up alot and say some things are rare when there really not. Iv heard them rip off a couple noobs by alot and i think that gives a bad name to the hobby. i mean i know mark up and all that to cover overhead but when making it up more than average its just to much. Time and time again i have gone in looking at something i get one price then when i decide not to it comes down to a reasonable price after the fact. lol.
Agree, total used carsalesmen.