Show me your LPS corals!

Ultimate Lps Thread!

I am very interested in all types of LPS, and I am sure there are those of you out there who are too. I am going to rededicate this thread to not only Duncan's, but every type of LPS coral.

This will be the thread to show your LPS via photos and general talk / Questions about LPS...

Last edited:
i feed them pieces of silversides...

srsly...

i pinch a piece from the side with my long sharp pointy finger nails and give it to them... they eat it all and they grow like crazy... big time...

if they aren't opening try moving them around... my friend's tank they never opened and were dieing... so i put them in my tank and now they are doing great... i want to get a tabling duncan... i saw one the other day... hot stuff...

Hmm, Ya I have tried moving them around and I am not sure if I can find a spot in my tank for them? I have a branch with two heads on it? I'm not sure what to do with it?

is it in alot of flow...? right now mine are behind my rock work... they love it there...

also... some species are more sensetive than others... the hardy ones are those called fat boy duncans... the ones with green stems and more green faces... they're large... those guys can live in tap water...

i then got the smaller type... ugh... the australian pink ones... the ones that are pink and have faint green in the centers... those didn't open up at my friends tank at all... they looked like they died untill i took them home...

sometimes it's just luck...

They seem to be more open today!!!! I'm stoked! Nah, these one's are all green and pretty large! Maybe they just take a while to get used to my water params? Not sure?

i've always known them for being hardy... but like i said, it's wierd how one species didn't open up in my homies tank... and he tried to get two different frags at two different times... and they both did the same thing... and the big ones were always opening, no matter what... even when they were in a bucket of cold saltwater when his tank broke... they were still open...

i don't know what it is... maybe they like clean water...???

my friend's tank grows leathers and polyps like crazy... i can't keep any type of leather alive in my tank...mostly SPS... but the duncans do great...

bpnelson

I feed mine mysis, cyclopese and rotifer mix (same with my sun coral). I only have two heads and they were loving the mix and expanded significantly until my hermits forced them to take a dive into the sand bed.They haven't opened up fully since.

ibefishy

I feed mine cut up shrimp, clam, squid, bloodworms, mysis, pretty much anything that I feed my other lps corals. They have gone from 3 heads to 12 in the last 2 months. I also feed them 3x a week.

Last edited:

Latest posts