cycling Question

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
As for Chaeto, throw it in once its done cycling. It'll absorb ammo and trites which is what you want for bacterial growth to get a good cycle. U only need it to soak up them nitrates.

I have a dsb in 60 cube.. i also Dr Tim's bio pellets and bulk reef GFO. even when Using all of that I still have a problem with bubble algae. I do a five gallon water change every week or 10 gallons every two weeks and I still have bubble algae not as much as I used to but I still have a few.I have choose your emerald crabs and a that's it so that's why I was thinking of switching over to miracle mud to see if it would make a difference I will also going to pick up a 90 gallon 36 by 24 by 24 and set that up and move everything from my 60 cube 2 the new 90 gallon new cycle with same water and add it

I hated when I had mud in my fuge. I would would run a DSB over mud. But for me, I keep a couple inches of sand in my display, and nothing in my sump/fuge. (Other then live rock and chaeto)

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a 6" deep sand Bed in my refugium. Why, I have no idea. For years I had only one inch of sand in my display and my sump/fuge was bare. I see no difference.

I would also steer away from mud as I've read it depletes of minerals in six months and needs to be completely replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts