Here's my Sump Plan - Need comments plz

I have a diagram of my proposed sump. I welcome any helpful comments you would like to make. I will try to attach it or post it.

Or you can send me your email and will em it you asap. Thanks a 1,000,000.

:wavey:

Attachments

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Why not tee off the main drain and have it go to the fuge? Just make sure you pop a valve on there to control the amount of flow going to the fuge

If the 2nd chamber is going to overflow to the middle chamber, you will have a micro bubble problem with that water dumping onto the return pump. I would add a baffle setup. And I agree with Mike. Just tee off of the drain line to feed the fuge. That way you don't need that extra Lil pump.

I like your T off idea for the Fuge supply. Thank you boyce. There will be a little sumpin' extra in your pay envelope at the end of the week.

I'll have to explore a baffle for the pump chamber.

bigian

I got this design from Melevsreef.com...

Fuge overflows through teeth on the left into the return chamber in the center. Skimmer chamber on the right through baffles to the common return area. LR in fuge and return area. Sorry for the crappy pic. You'll see better on Melev's site... HTH

I got this design from Melevsreef.com...

Fuge overflows through teeth on the left into the return chamber in the center. Skimmer chamber on the right through baffles to the common return area. LR in fuge and return area. Sorry for the crappy pic. You'll see better on Melev's site... HTH
Same design I have used forever, also from melvereef. I have a thick DSB in the center with cheato

Jason