Help? Whats Growing?

Xycron

so, just one of my rocks over the last 4-5 days some time while i was on vacation. (lights were turned on once by a house sitter for one day, then turned off. didn't have anything light demanding in there anyways, just mushroom) started growing a ton of white fuzzy stuff. it looks like mold. it was a rock i took from another tank, whih was taken from another tank. the first tank had lots of light tons of coraline algae on it. then it was puit in a take that was in a garage that had lights in the garage, and that was the only lights it got, the tanks were never turned on most of it died. this i put it in this tank.

my only thought is that it IS mold, and its growing on the dead algae. other then that doesn't look like any coral i have seen.

i can try to get pics but i dont have a camera right now.

Post a pic because that is the best way for us to really get a good look at the problem. It could be dead sponge or fungus. Take the affected rock out of the tank, stick it as close to your nose as possible and take a big whiff. What does it smell like?

Might be a sponge...................most sponges are low light

A picture would help tremendously though.......

Xycron

i'll try to get one later today.

is it that fast growing? it wasn't there last week and not there is lots of it all over the one rock.

Xycron

sorry, i took lots of pictures twice thats the best i could do :( anyone have any ideas now? Thanks again!

Looks like a sponge to me. They will probably die back a bit once the nutrients are depleted or something takes a chomp. :D

Latest posts