reef octopus experience?

gr1mm

I was wondering if any one had any experience with this tank? It usses a tube for and overflow and the price is not that bad. The tank is reef octopus t90 luxury.

gr1mm

Reef Octopus T90 48 Gallon Luxury Rimless Aquarium These quality rimless show tanks features stunningly clear 3/8 low iron glass on all viewable panes, sleek black background and ShinEust black glue joints for strength and durability. Each aquarium comes standard with a Pre Drilled 2.9 hole on the bottom left pane for the use of our functional yet quiet Black Tube Water Flow System.
for $170 is not too bad, my issue is the overflow.

Reef Octopus T90 48 Gallon Luxury Rimless Aquarium These quality rimless show tanks features stunningly clear 3/8 low iron glass on all viewable panes, sleek black background and ShinEust black glue joints for strength and durability. Each aquarium comes standard with a Pre Drilled 2.9 hole on the bottom left pane for the use of our functional yet quiet Black Tube Water Flow System.
That's how Japanese ppl have their reef tanks setup. With tube style over flow. Honestly don't know of its better but it looks way less distracting then a box style overflow to me. I like it. Where can I buy this setup?

gr1mm

That's how Japanese ppl have their reef tanks setup. With tube style over flow. Honestly don't know of its better but it looks way less distracting then a box style overflow to me. I like it. Where can I buy this setup?
yeah the over flow is not very distractive was just wondering if it works better or if it makes no difference. check the link to purchase tank it doesn't come with the overflow tube thos which i found is $140 a bit high imo but im wondering if you can diy some kind of overflow. http://www.aquacave.com/Reef-Octopus-T90-48-Gallon-Luxury-Rimless-Aquarium-P3880.aspx

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
Tank is only 170?

Man that looks nice!!! did you click on the water flow system another 149$ on top of the tank but it has a few extra functions

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

gr1mm

tank is 165 plus like 5 bucks for shipping, the overflow does cost pretty much the same as the tank tho, stand is nice but a bit too expensive.

Looks slick though I like how it has all the components in one the drain the return and the John guest fittings through one hole

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

KarL

You have a link for the reef octopus overflow system? How much are those? I'm thinking if you want to do a diy, you can have an acrylic builder make you a cylinder overflow. Just use a maggie muffler on your drain and they don't take too much space. They're pretty quiet once adjusted correctly. Just need the cylinder wide enough to fit the muffler and return plumbing.

gr1mm

You have a link for the reef octopus overflow system? How much are those? I'm thinking if you want to do a diy, you can have an acrylic builder make you a cylinder overflow. Just use a maggie muffler on your drain and they don't take too much space. They're pretty quiet once adjusted correctly. Just need the cylinder wide enough to fit the muffler and return plumbing.
that be a need idea, i wonder how much they would charge for something like that. not sure how they secure it tho. i wonder if they silicone the base.

JasonG

I have a skimmer and a reactor from them, best skimmer I have owned and reactor is great too. Good quality stuff

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I've had some very bad experiences with the company behind Reef Octopus, Coralvue. I no longer trust any Chinese product anywhere near my tank.

Latest posts