Spinners 300 DT 150 sump build

Spinner

Supporter
Hard to tell from the pictures but there is a 6" off set at both ends of my DT. I had a 1" outlet at each area so I stepped them down to 2 - Dual 1/2" outlets with 3/8" accelerator's that bends around the off set.

DT done except close loop pumps.......waiting on my new contract in July before getting wet now want to make sure I am staying here at least 2 years.

Hard to tell from the pictures but there is a 6" off set at both ends of my DT. I had a 1" outlet at each area so I stepped them down to 2 - Dual 1/2" outlets with 3/8" accelerator's that bends around the off set.

DT done except close loop pumps.......waiting on my new contract in July before getting wet now want to make sure I am staying here at least 2 years.
WOOOHOOO!!! July is just around the corner.

Spinner

Supporter
Well getting closer just received my close loop pumps Friday (2) Reeflo Dart's w/Baldor motors....Chris at Reeflo really hooked me up these are 2013 Baldors but never used so who cares:) This is kind of funny.....yesterday a friend called to see if I had a larger in sump pump to trade for his new inline pump....I said what pump do you have...he said a Reeflo Dart with Baldor motor BNIB....so I traded one of my Laguna 4200 BNIB Max Flow. So now I have a new back up for my close loop pumps that will also work if something happen to my return Barracuda pump:) For all you DC pump Bitches,lol my system power plant of (2) Darts, (1) Barracuda, and (1) MaxFlow 4200 will run me $ 46.00 PG&E +- per month.....but you may remember I built my close loop manifold so one of two close loop pump could be shut down at night if wanted and one pump would still feed all 8 close loop outlets......doing that would put PG&E around $ 40.00 per month just for pumps.

Also received a H&S A 200 extended skimmer body and cup I bought used I was hoping and it did clean up like new:) I will say sitting next to my XRC250 with both skimmers being the same size the H&S quality is very noticeably higher with both body and cup.

Well getting closer just received my close loop pumps Friday (2) Reeflo Dart's w/Baldor motors....Chris at Reeflo really hooked me up these are 2013 Baldors but never used so who cares:) This is kind of funny.....yesterday a friend called to see if I had a larger in sump pump to trade for his new inline pump....I said what pump do you have...he said a Reeflo Dart with Baldor motor BNIB....so I traded one of my Laguna 4200 BNIB Max Flow. So now I have a new back up for my close loop pumps that will also work if something happen to my return Barracuda pump:) For all you DC pump Bitches,lol my system power plant of (2) Darts, (1) Barracuda, and (1) MaxFlow 4200 will run me $ 46.00 PG&E +- per month.....but you may remember I built my close loop manifold so one of two close loop pump could be shut down at night if wanted and one pump would still feed all 8 close loop outlets......doing that would put PG&E around $ 40.00 per month just for pumps.

Also received a H&S A 200 extended skimmer body and cup I bought used I was hoping and it did clean up like new:) I will say sitting next to my XRC250 with both skimmers being the same size the H&S quality is very noticeably higher with both body and cup.
hahaha

Spinner

Supporter
Yes sir a lot of gluing to do but its now all here:) Two, three more weekends(only can work Sundays on build) and fresh water leak testing to begin.............

Spinner

Supporter
Putting it back together now that I finished buffing DT. April 23 it will be four year's since I started my build so shooting to have it running before then:) While it hasn't been a KISS system to build it will be a KISS system to run.......

Finally going to get her wet! I was following this build over on ReefCentral about a year ago lol I don't know how you do it but your patience and follow through on this build is amazing! Can't wait to see it up and running! :)

Just giving her the yearly bump? [MENTION=5090]Spinner[/MENTION] How's it going?

Spinner

Supporter
I am still here:) Thank you for the yearly bump and all the kind words! My build has been pretty much done for over a year now everything was dry fitted so it would take a week or so to glue together. Also all my lighting is just laying on top of my DT so they would need to be hung too.
I go back and forth will starting it up or giving it away to a school or a place where kids could learn from it and be inspired. I kind of had to take a step back this last year and bring myself back in line with how I look at things. At 60 years old I was/am seeing the great country I grew up in going places I didn't want it to go. So I spent the last year setting all my family up in case SHTF, once done it gave me some peace of mind along with a calming factor. Now these days I am just being quite trying to re find my serenity that I had lost and working to see all the good left in our country in lieu of the bad") Not the best reefing post I know its just where I am at this time.

Latest posts