Schnitzel's Shallow Leemar 250

Looks sick. What's you're lighting now? Radions only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditched the radions. Not saying LEDs don't work, but they just didn't work for my tank.

Now I'm Running 2- 54x8 ATI dimmable Sunpowers with 2-Reefbrite XHOs. Best light setup I've ever used. My acros have been growing like crazy!!!

Re-greetings, you missed....absolutely nothing!

I see you are a bulb biatch now.
I have no problem being a bulb biatch. My first set of bulbs last 13 months. It took me less than an hour to take down both fixtures, thoroughly clean them, and install all 16 bulbs. Well worth it if you ask me. I ran diy leds with T5 supplements, I ran Radions with T5 supplements, and now all T5s with leds supplement lights. My tank transformed when I switched to all T5s. You couldn't give me a the latest greatest radions. Nothing beats the color and growth I get form my sps with T5s. When I ran MHs, growth was insane, but honestly I think colors are better with T5s.

I have no problem being a bulb biatch. My first set of bulbs last 13 months. It took me less than an hour to take down both fixtures, thoroughly clean them, and install all 16 bulbs. Well worth it if you ask me. I ran diy leds with T5 supplements, I ran Radions with T5 supplements, and now all T5s with leds supplement lights. My tank transformed when I switched to all T5s. You couldn't give me a the latest greatest radions. Nothing beats the color and growth I get form my sps with T5s. When I ran MHs, growth was insane, but honestly I think colors are better with T5s.
Im glad you are mastering all the types of lighting. Have you tried combining all 3 so that you get the "color" of T5 (with fewer bulbs) , growth of MH & convenience of LED?

Im glad you are mastering all the types of lighting. Have you tried combining all 3 so that you get the "color" of T5 (with fewer bulbs) , growth of MH & convenience of LED?
No, I don't like the heat of MH. My tank stays cool with just fans running. I don't want to run a chiller.
Plus T5s are giving me great growth. I honestly couldn't be happier

New toy for my fuge. 90w Kessil H350

Got it for $80 on eBay.

If any of you watched BRS' video on which light worked best at growing chaeto, this one was the clear winner. But the main reason I am getting it is for PH. In BRS' test, the tank with the kessil had a super high PH. I'm gunna see if this makes any impact on raising the ph in my tank.

swnoob

Are you having issues with low ph? Do you run your fuge light opposite of your display lights? Curious what your ph swing is since i just now switched back to my calcium reactor and stopped 2 part. I blamed my slow growth on low ph but looks like i was wrong.

Are you having issues with low ph? Do you run your fuge light opposite of your display lights? Curious what your ph swing is since i just now switched back to my calcium reactor and stopped 2 part. I blamed my slow growth on low ph but looks like i was wrong.

Wellllllll that's the the thing. Am I having problems with low ph?...My corals don't seem to mind. BUT, what if they grew faster with higher ph?? That's what I'm chasing.

My ph swings from 7.5-7.8. It's because my calcium reactor effluent is so fast. Even with my second chamber, it can only absorb so much co2 at the rate I have it.

I ordered soda lime and im gunna make a co2 scrubber and see if I notice a difference. My goal is to connect a solenoid to the scrubber and only use it when my PH drops below 7.8.

I run my current fuge light 24/7. I'm considering leaving my current light in place, and only run the kessil at night. That's when my ph drops the lowest. That way I'm not having to run a 90w led all day. My current light is only 13w. If it makes a big enough difference in PH, then I'll leave the kessil all day and ditch my old light.

Did they use the Magenta Color? I was thinking it was the Tuna Flora.

**NVM, I see it. I wonder what the difference is than?
They used the H380 which is controllable. The H350 is the same light, just not dimmable. It's the older version.

I just hooked up the light 45 minutes ago, and my ph has already gone up .04
Which is a good sign!!