Schnitzel's Shallow Leemar 250

Big news for the schnitzel family....just made a big purchase. I am the proud owner of my very own wienerschnitzel. Still work for my mom helping her with her stores, but this one is all mine.

Working 15 hours a day and 16 days strait with no days off has been a little rough, but my tank is doing great.
Reefbrites only

Congrats wiener boy! Exciting times! Tank looks great to.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Your fts continue to amaze.

The darn problem with keeping a tank stable is that so many points along the way where a sudden and significant hiccup can happen. Glad you caught the alk swing quickly

Your fts continue to amaze.

The darn problem with keeping a tank stable is that so many points along the way where a sudden and significant hiccup can happen. Glad you caught the alk swing quickly
What makes me mad is that I caused it. I was chasing a higher PH, and it caused my alk to swing. I ditched the whole ph scrubber and just went back to normal. Things seem fine now

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man. The tank's growth is great and everything is beyond surviving and thriving. Don't get caught up in the numbers or chasing for that extra 1% just to risk it all. Just crack a beer sit back and enjoy all them corals!

Congrats on the store.

I recently had an ALK swing and lost most of my sps :(.

I read you don't use the needle valve and keep your effluent wide open. What feed pump do you use and what is your pH set at?

I found myself constantly tinkering with the needle valve because it would plug up and cause alk swings. Want to keep things stable. Also, because you run wide open I imagine your blasting your CA reactor with CO2 to maintain the pH. What is your pH inside the Ca reactor? We have the same GEO reactor and I am going to try and copy your setup since your sps growth rate is phenomenal. :top:

Unfortunately I had some RTN going on in my tank. 3 different colonies were affected. I sent some water in to Triton, and everything looks pretty normal. I did 3-40g water changes, and the RTN stopped. I wish I knew exactly what caused it, but in this hobby that seems impossible. This was the first time since I started this tank 4 years that I

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
nothing you can do but hope and pray you figured out the issue. Good luck, it's painful to watch colonies of your favorite corals RTN.

Latest posts