Snorkeling in Hawaii

lilpb1

I just got back from Maui in October and man that place is beautiful; anywhere in the island you can park and go snorkling. I took the tour to Molokini Crater and went snuba diving..... got to admit best experience by far.

- left San Pedro last Wednesday and spent 4 days at sea to get here...
- visited the massive-but-relatively-flat volcanos that make up the big island on Monday...
- visited Oahu and the incredibly humbling experience at the Arizona memorial Tuesday...
- Flew fixed-wing over the entire island of Kauai earlier today/Wednesday....
- Pulling into Maui in less than 5 hours to take an all-day tour of the island
- Then 4 days back, hitting Encenada for a day, just before pulling back into San Pedro...

AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Last edited:

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
- left San Pedro last Wednesday and spent 4 days at sea to get here...
- visited the massive-but-relatively-flat volcanos that make up the big island on Monday...
- visited Oahu and the incredibly humbling experience at the Arizona memorial Tuesday...
- Flew fixed-wing over the entire island of Kauai earlier today/Wednesday....
- Pulling into Maui in less than 5 hours to take an all-day tour of the island
- Then 4 days back, hitting Encenada for a day, just before pulling back into San Pedro...

AWESOME SAUCE!!!
Pictures or you dont exist : p

lol, ill see what i can do on the way back.
do you KNOW what bandwidth is like aboard ship?
Ive seen dial-up run circles around maritime satelite:(

Went to Oahu a couple years ago and stayed in Waikiki. Do yourself a favor, early in your trip take the bus down to Hanuama Bay, rent the snorkel gear there for $15 or so. Spend all day there, and then decide to go back again and again. It's crazy - Achilles tangs, sailfins, yellows, a BIG parrotfish, absolutely crazy. We only got to spend a few hours there since it was the last thing we did before we left. Had no idea it would be so amazing.

Also go to Lanikai Beach, hike up the pillarboxes and snorkel over there.

Have fun, we want to go back! Thinking Maui this year.

Just got back from Kauai. Snorkeling off the south shore at Poipu with the kids was great for seeing SPS & LPS. Even the estuaries were full of achilles tangs, convict tangs, yellow tangs & blennies, right there in tide pools at your feet with no escape... The reefs are better on the north shore but the waves & riptides there were killer, too strong for us. Kauai is one of the oldest Hawaiian islands so i fugure the reefs are mature, plus fewer people than the others.

Latest posts