Lowbudget's "I lied I never really left" New tank build

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
some photos of the light fixture my buddy [MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION] built. this thing is sweat. 4x48 t5 and 3 halo regular going to use the apex to control the halos.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
so after 2 years my tank has finally cycled. i had a long battle with gha. diatom, red slime. i tried many water changes. carbon, polypads nothing worked. my snails kept on dying. i was able to keep fish. i tried a foxface cause [MENTION=1313]pga7602[/MENTION] said they would help eat the gha. not.

we thought it could be not enough nitrates so we dose nitrates. hahahahah didnt work.

i tried to add a fuge. was growing cheato. but it would die too.

every coral i put in there would die. it didnt work.
so i turned to chemical for some help recommended by mike. Vibrant. used one bottle slowly but surely the algae almost all gone. sorry didnt have before pictures was very depressing. 2 year battle. finally have a few pieces of corals in the tank

Last edited:

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
What corals did you choose and whats the fish list? Vibrant demolished a huge bubble algae problem in my 100g, good to know it works on GHA as claimed too.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
What corals did you choose and whats the fish list? Vibrant demolished a huge bubble algae problem in my 100g, good to know it works on GHA as claimed too.
gha, red slime, diatom. everything. guys who saw my tank told me to start over with new rock. i had some trial sps. monti, acros. chalice, all dead. now i have toadstools, zoas, mushrooms, frogspawns, gorgonian fish are some chromis, foxface, 2 yellow tang, flame angel, rainbow nem,

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Pix or it didn't happen

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Just let those rocks continue to marinate Sanh since you're already a couple years deep with them. I still believe in you. Sorta....