Jebeo WP pumps

Alright it's been a few months now. Whats everyone's review on the WP pumps, since pretty much everyone on here bought one on the group buy.

How do they compare to tunze and ecotech vortech's? If you swapped out your tunze/ecotech's for the WP pump, do you regret it or are happy with the change?

I like my wp. However given that I went from sicce to jebao ive been pleased.

They get dirty and therefore lose flow quickly. Not to mention theyre replicas of MPs.

Once funds allow I wilk upgrade to MPs and keep these as a backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
well in 2 of the group buys I bought a WP25 and two WP40's. At first I loved them, they had so much power and for the price of them they really seemed to be a bargain. Now that time has passed I noticed a real decline in my WP40s. I took them out, cleaned them out and the power probably doubled. I don't like that the algae growth slowed down the performance. my MP40's get dirty but never slow down. I'm glad I did not sell the MP40's like I had planned.

For any serious build I would still spend the extra for tunze or ecotech. If you're on a budget these WP pumps are the best bang for your buck. I really have no complaints as the price is well worth it and what could you really expect for something under $70.

A simple fix for the algae issue would be cutting out a few of the plastic pieces on the back side of the pump. It would probably increase the flow even more

Hot Dogs are GOOD!

I have a wp25 and it's great so far.. I'm actually looking forward to a lil loss of power since mine is on a 40 cube and I have to run it at 50% power now. No complaints so far

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Shnitzel is right. Chop out a few of the bars on the back, itll be more powerful and run issue free for longer. Other pumps with this shape have the same issue. I have two wp40s controlled by my apex. One cord splits and controls them both, was super easy and im having fun programming them.

This also takes the jebao controller out of the mix entirely, so im no longer relying on electronics of unknown quality in there.

They are quieter than my mp40s, which i am a huge fan of. Along the same dc pump vein however my dc6000 waveline is well louder than my external reeflo. I like dc for internal applications, not external

Living the dream

Lacktaters

I've been hearing several complaints about these WP pumps losing power over time (whether it's a result of algae buildup or not I don't know). I haven't heard the same about the Tunze DC pumps. On this forum I seem to hear people saying "I was unhappy with my WPs so I switched back to my MPs." On other forums I read a lot of "I was unhappy with the noise from my MPs so I switched back to my Tunzes." I don't see how these pumps even compare to MPs...they are so different! I'm interested in seeing a direct comparison between the 6105 vs WP40 and the 6095 vs WP25. Please help me decide whether the Tunzes are worth the extra money or not.

Hey joey. I just put 2 no60's in mine. I'm glad I never went to the corded tunzes, plus with the Zxwm module how can u go wrong.

Hey joey. I just put 2 no60's in mine. I'm glad I never went to the corded tunzes, plus with the Zxwm module how can u go wrong.
I have two MP40s, on mine at the moment. Only gripe is the noise. With a Bubble King skimmer and a Laguna return, all I hear is those whiny MPs. I'm leaning toward something with a cord to cut back on the noise. Most Tunze owners swear by their Tunze pumps, but I've been reading mixed reviews about the WPs. The WPs are obviously a great deal at their price point, but that's not what I'm interested in. I'm looking for a quality pump with little (or no) noise. Before I dropping some coin on Tunze pumps, I'm just curious to know if any Tunze owners are experiencing these same problems Jebao owners are...

I have been running my jeabo wp25 since late september. Up untill mid last month the pumps performance was amazing, but starting last month I noticed a great decline in power so I thought I would clean it. so I gave it a viniger bath and scrubbed it down only to find when I put it back in the tank it stopped working. So luckily I had purchased 2 spare controllers in the last group buy along with 3 more Wp25s. I replaced the controller and bam it started back up no problem, only for me to find out that it still did not have the power it once had. Now probably about 2 weeks ago the pump seemed to be humming louder then it first did, about 2 days ago I realized it was getting pretty loud and I noticed the flow was still declining yet the pump was clean and there was nothing wrapped around the impeller. Upon turning the pump off and pulling it out I felt that the pump was pretty warm. This makes sense because my chiller kept kicking on and im like WTF its cold right now. Anyway my wp25 lasted a whole 4.5 months. I am going to try and take it apart to see whats going on inside. Anywho that pretty much sealed the deal with me and now I wasted $65 on some scrap plastic. I just bought an MP40 and happy I made the decision. I guess I will have 3 new salt mixing pumps, hopefully they will last but I am not going to hold my breath. I will no longer try and get away with cheap products now, only top notch high end equipment for this reefer.

My wp-40 just stopped working on me I think it's the ac/dc adapter if I wiggle it back and forth it comes on sometimes.
Or maybe it's the controller any suggestions to fixing this.

Might be the power supply, try swapping it. You can run the pumps off of a controller (apex and reef angel) and bypass the wp25 controller

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

zigginit

Had my 2 going for a year now. First one would get stuck while on wave mode. I got it from ebay and talked to them and they sent me a second one and let me keep the first one. I ended up running them both. The first one was just not on wave mode. After a while of running i tried the first one on wave mode again and it must have broken in or has algae as lube because they both work now just fine. Over all i would be them over the other brands of power heads that spin backwards all the time. These have never gone backwards. As far as it comparison to mp40 i have no idea but it works along the same way so for the price i would buy it all day long. If it breaks the replacement parts are on like 20 bucks.

Last edited:
Been running a set of these on my frag tank so far have been very happy. I currently run a set of MP 40 on my 300 reef and i wouldn't change on that. For the price of the Jebao pumps you cant beat it.

Latest posts