HELP?!?!? Is my monti bleaching?

I bought a nice colony of red monti, i feel like its bleaching. Take a look and let me know if you think thats growth or bleaching. My water parameters are
PH 8.1
sal1.026
nit 9
phos.025
iodine.0.03
calc.480
alk12
mag 1500

I know the salinity is a little high I'm lowering it tom. with a water change but I don't think it would be enough to bleach. placed it at the bottom of my 30 inch tank planning on raising a little closer to the top over the month to acclimate it. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!! Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Attachments

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
I bought a nice colony of red monti, i feel like its bleaching. Take a look and let me know if you think thats growth or bleaching. My water parameters are
PH 8.1
sal1.026
nit 9
phos.025
iodine.0.03
calc.480
alk12
mag 1500

I know the salinity is a little high I'm lowering it tom. with a water change but I don't think it would be enough to bleach. placed it at the bottom of my 30 inch tank planning on raising a little closer to the top over the month to acclimate it. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!! Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Looks like the growth ring to me.
And salinity at. 1.026 is where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alk is a lil high but looks like growth to me also how high is it and what kind of lighting and how long have you had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's literally resting on the bottom of my tank. My tank is 30 inch high. I have 2 Jessel 360 and the new current USA. Led its Deff adds a lot of colour. I've had it almost a week.

Nothing wrong with your coral. Only place it is white is where it was broken off recently. Other than that it's a good looking monti. Only thing that ever kills montis in my tank is my bubble tip nem. Other than that it's a diehard coral

Latest posts