Experience with Manderin Goby

ORTJJ1

Just want to have any advice with anyone that has kept manderin gobies in the past and how you succeeded. Also how hard is it to convert them to eat frozen?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My advice, find a mandarin that has some meat on him. Unless your tank is infested with pods, your gonna struggle. I found success feeding mine OVA eggs, I get them on ebay. Mine munches them up, whatever she doesn't eat hatches and becomes live food for her later.

I've got spotted and green mandarin. With all of them I've found they love PE mysis and train to it almost immediately. You just have to he patient and take rhe time each day to putbyhe mysis in front of them. Something about the PE they really like, keeps them fat too.

ORTJJ1

Nice thank you all. I recently purchased 2 manderin. A grewn manderin and a red manderin as well got a male and female... hoping they will pair up as well

gr1mm

Nice thank you all. I recently purchased 2 manderin. A grewn manderin and a red manderin as well got a male and female... hoping they will pair up as well

how big is your tank?

I have a red Mandarin in a 55 gallon tank and it does not eat anything I put in. I guess it is finding pods or what-ever in the tank and manages to survive for the last many months. It is very shy and hides a lot due to my tank size limitation. I was very eager to get it but now I am not very convinced I want it any more. Of course taking it out of the tank is like out of the question so I am stuck with it. It is not skinny or chubby. I once in a while put in a bottle of the 2000 count POD but I am not sure how many of them he can catch. I do see many pods in my sump and sometimes I see pods in the DT.

I won't get another one if it dies :-(