eBay and selling coral

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty sad when coral are posted on eBay and the lister bumps up the price because they started it low just to get attention. Don't they realize you can look at bidding history and when it says private listing that means it's them bumping it up.

because for some reason, some people just don't really grasp the concept behind ebay (or auctions in general) - that, or they don't care about the price.

this isn't just for corals. i know a bunch of people who tell me "well, i just input in the max i'm willing to pay, and if i get it, great, if not, oh well"

except, you stand a much better chance of getting it cheaper, if you simply wait for the last minute to bid that maximum.

because for some reason, some people just don't really grasp the concept behind ebay (or auctions in general) - that, or they don't care about the price.

this isn't just for corals. i know a bunch of people who tell me "well, i just input in the max i'm willing to pay, and if i get it, great, if not, oh well"

except, you stand a much better chance of getting it cheaper, if you simply wait for the last minute to bid that maximum.
Shhhhhhh! What are you prometheus?! Leave the fire to us gods!

Shhhhhhh! What are you prometheus?! Leave the fire to us gods!

Right, except, when I bid, I outbid the person first, and I set my max around $20 - $30 of what it actually worth. Then other would try to lower bid first, and I can kick their price up 3 time when they set new high. I just like to piss bidder off on ebay =).

Interesting. I don't bid unless it's something I really want. But I usually look for "buy it now" items. But I wouldn't bid against the seller. It's just as lame as people who start an item bid way low, but put a crazy high shipping price. I buy almost everything online. It's cheaper and way more convenient. I never noticed this issue before, but I never looked either.

Ebay is whatevers for me, I'll only bid if it's something well worth it. One time went to bid for some corals and i noticed i was going to win but the seller decided to out bid me at the last second so i wouldn't get them at the price i bid for them. I thought that was lame...

Sometimes I have to set my max bid because there is no way my two boys will let me sit in front of a computer bidding on corals when they want to play catch, shoot hoops, toss the football, etc. If I loose out on spending a little more $$$, I win on time spent with my kids.

Sometimes I have to set my max bid because there is no way my two boys will let me sit in front of a computer bidding on corals when they want to play catch, shoot hoops, toss the football, etc. If I loose out on spending a little more $$$, I win on time spent with my kids.
let me introduce you to the wonderful world of www.esnipe.com

you're welcome

Winning mentality there. Well played.

Latest posts