Stocking suggestion 20 gallon

Patt

My 20 gallon currently has a black ocellaris pair, yellow watchman, and a tobacco basslet. I will be getting rid of the basslet and YWG. I plan on adding a firefish and a skunk cleaner. Any suggestions for a 4th fish? Also, since it's always best to add aggressive fish last, should I remove the ocellaris pair when introducing less aggressive fish?

PS: I like fish that swim in the water column.

Pegasus

Premium Member
Supporter
you should be fine leaving the clowns in. those arent aggressive at all in my experience with them. as far as a cool fish i say a flasher wrasse, those guys are relax and not aggerssive towards anything but they are avid carpet surfers be mindful of that. another cool fish is a flame hawkfish, they have lots of personality. lastly six line wrasse, i have one currently and is a model citizen in my system. i have read bad stories about them but mine has been cool and doesnt pick on anyone. since he is the last fish to go in your tank it should be okay.

I'm a big fan of the tailspot blenny, especially for small tanks. I think that would work well. Or you could try one of the smaller flasher wrasses like a Carpenters or McCoskers. Pretty fish and don't get too big.

I moved my tank from my room to my living room and my tail spot blenny disapeared. He probably jumped out somewhere. I miss him

I moved my tank from my room to my living room and my tail spot blenny disapeared. He probably jumped out somewhere. I miss him
He might still be in there. I had one that I put in my old tank and didn't see it after the first day. 3 weeks later I found him hanging out. You might have just spooked him...give it some time.

Or he jumped.

Pegasus

Premium Member
Supporter
I moved from a 30 to a 45 and I thoght my purple firefish jumped but he went into a rock and when I put the rock in the new tank the firefish came out!

But ya those fish you asked about should all coexist fine. I had a tailspot blenny as well and those are funny fish. I miss mine now haha

He might still be in there. I had one that I put in my old tank and didn't see it after the first day. 3 weeks later I found him hanging out. You might have just spooked him...give it some time.

Or he jumped.
That's what I'm hoping but it's been over a week. Kinda lost faith already haha

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
My tailspot in my work tank disappeared one weekend. the tank is covered and its only a five gallon so I have no idea what happened to him.
The popular theory is that the small clown ate him. :rofl:

My tailspot in my work tank disappeared one weekend. the tank is covered and its only a five gallon so I have no idea what happened to him.
The popular theory is that the small clown ate him. :rofl:
I like to think the nem ate mines. It gives me closure haha.

Latest posts