What is This White Fuzz in my Tank? Algae?

What is this fuzz in my Saltwater tank? I have had the tank set up for one month. I'm assuming it's part of "cycling" the tank, but I haven't seen any "This is what your tank will look like at week 1, week 2, etc." pictures or videos out there.

Note: This is all over the tank. What you are looking out is a portion of it on a piece of bleached dead coral decoration in the tank. Despite the lighting and "color correction" this is white.

[video=youtube;g3yZ3jIx3fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3yZ3jIx3fc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea, Id say its normal. I remember seeing that when my tank was still new once you get a cleaner crew in there it will all disappear.

I'm still waiting for my tank to get dirty enough for a clean up crew. The tank overall still looks pretty clear, sand still white, etc. There's just a lot of this stuff and some of it floats around the tank but mainly still looks clean. My Halimeda algae plant is growing, so I think the light is good enough. Just playing the waiting game now, I guess. Toying with the idea of doing some time lapses....