Is this thing ejaculating into my tank or attempting to poison it?

Tony

I'm sitting on my couch working.....and In the corner of my eye, I see my two clowns and baby yellow tang REALLY low in the tank....it looks as if they're eating something in the water. It's been 2 hours since I fed them....so it's not the fish flakes.

I get closer and the thing in the picture is....for lack of a better word....ejaculating puffy clouds of "stuff" into the water.

The two clowns and yellow tang were lined up down stream and apparently were attempting to eat it. Was it ejaculation or some sort of defense mechanism poison?

Also, what is that thing? Out of 20 pictures taken...this is the best I can do. I have NEVER seen it before....and the last coral I put in my tank, I dipped in Lugols for about 15 minutes....so did I not kill everything in there?

My tank is about 6 months old....is this the sign of a mature tank?

The "thing" had two antennae poking out on the very top....it looks as if it has a hard type of "shell" to it.

Thanks

weird.jpg

ausram

Stomatella snail. Harmless and good to have. They spawn so that's what you were seeing, so you were kinda right. Lol
Agreed! I have them in my tank and they spray baby juice all day. At first I was worried but my Clowns love to eat it or swim in it or whatever they do with it lol but I like the stomatellas. They work all day/night

LBC

a whole lotta skeet!

aren't those snails hermies? anyways look like ur fish gobble that seed up, so much for the future generation in ur tank

Tony

Haha.....wow.

Well if my Maxima clam ever starts to ejaculate....I will know that it is a good sign that my tank is healthy.

A bit disgusting though that my clowns and tang were eating the ejaculation like it was candy.....