Jbj ato

Works great. I have it for my 2.5 gallon pico reef and it has never let the salinity move. It is very sensitive which is great and I have never had a problem with it. The only thing I don't understand is why when I plug it in it turns the pump on for a couple of seconds. It is kind of annoying and I don't get the reason for it, but it isn't hard to get around,just unplug the pump. It comes with plenty of sensors and hanging kits to get any job done. I definitely recommend this ATO to anyone, it isn't very expensive ($70) compared to the other ATOs out there, and it does its job well!

I think it turns on to prime the tubing. In essence it fills the tubing with water so that when the sensor goes off it doesn't pump air for a bit before finally pumping water into your tank. I'm not positive but this is my guess.

JoshuAc00k

That's a good idea, but what would be the point. At one point air will be pumped in. It could just do the whole thing on the first pump. To me its just annoying because it pumps for way longer than it does when actually topping off. But I just unplug the pump while it does this.

Latest posts