Aquatic Life Ro Buddie w/Di

depends who you ask. I normally just T off before the di. Allegedly your body cant properly absorb rodi water at 0 tds
Yeah I thought the same... Plus saves a little more time on your di resign.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's not nicely set up. I have connected to a thirty gallon drum. When it fills it up I'll remove and put it away. I have dogs I'm afraid they'll get to it

It's not nicely set up. I have connected to a thirty gallon drum. When it fills it up I'll remove and put it away. I have dogs I'm afraid they'll get to it
Ahh.. Gotcha...
Did you see how long it takes to make 5 gallons?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just ordered this same rodi unit from MD. Thx for this thread.
No problem!
Lmk if you need any help setting it up...

Try and add the little upgrades that I did also

And if your water company adds chloramines buy a chloramines prefilter... Just buy the clear ro housing and the chloramines carbon block and it will help extend the life of the membrane and di
Like this

http://www.marinedepot.com/1_4_inch...ystems-Captive_Purity-RO1191-FIRORARC-vi.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idproduct=CP1511&idCartRow=59030987

If you add a extra membrane you'll double the production a day and cut your waste water in half just fyi
Let's back up a little here. Wefeel it is misleading to tell people they can cut down on waste water by addinga second membrane. Here's why.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First- remember that what folks call "waste water" really would be betterthought of as "flush water" in that this water serves the importantpurpose of internally flushing the surface of the semipermeable membrane tokeep the membrane from fouling/scaling.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whenyou configure a system with two membranes in series (the waste from the firstmembrane going to the "in" port on the second membrane), for thisdiscussion let's say it's two 75 gpd membranes, the system behaves like youhave a single long (75 gpd x 2) 150 gpd membrane. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now- if you use a proper flow restrictor, that is, one for a 150 gpd membrane, andhave something near the factory spec water pressure and temperature, you'llhave about a 4:1 waste to product ratio. Sounds familiar, right?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ifhowever you don't change the flow restrictor - meaning you keep using the samerestrictor you were using when you just had one 75 gpd membrane, then you'llsee a waste to product ratio much lower than 4:1. But remember that therecommendation for a ~4:1 ratio comes from membrane manufacturers. They aretelling you that you need about a 4:1 ratio to keep the membrane flushed andkeep the membrane from fouling or building up scale. Run the system with alower ratio and you will foul/scale the membrane(s) quicker than would haveotherwise been the case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Insteadof adding a second membrane to lower that ratio, you could have just changedout your flow restrictor ($4) instead. Thisis a much less expensive approach to get you to the same endpoint in terms ofsaving on waste water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now,to confuse things just a bit. Filmtec specs call for the 4 to 1 ratio on thebasis of assumptions about the water that will be supplied to the membrane. Ifyou have very soft water you MAY be able to get a decent service life from themembrane running at a ratio lower than 4 to 1 (e.g., 3 to 1). Remember that the waste water from the firstmembrane is about 25% harder than your tap water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bottomline: If what you are after is reduced waste water, experiment with a differentflow restrictor for $4 instead of messing around with a second membrane plumbedin series.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asa side note, you can also lower the ratio by increasing the pressure deliveredto the membrane (with a booster pump), because flow restrictors are sizedassuming you are providing factory spec conditions (50 psi and 77 degrees forFilmtec membranes). Increase the pressure and you'll drive more water throughthe membrane and viola - less waste water. But as mentioned above, if you dothis (just like over-restricting a membrane) - the lower the waste to productratio, the shorter the lifespan on the membrane.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Makessense?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russ[/FONT]

Latest posts