tank help?

s2k

What's the best way to cycle a tank? Been away from the hobby for a very long time so I forgot how to keep a reef tank.

tank is from sps coral store with external overflow and super special blue paint for the background. Stand is aluminum with powder coat. Sump is from Advanced Acrylic. Just finished plumbing.

Can I add coral yet? :a22:

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Throw in some Dr Tim's and a peppermint angel to help the cycle and wait at least 30 min after you eat before you add $1000s of LE SPS corals. hahaha Man Aaron knows how to take those Leemar tanks to the next level! Looks great bud! Get some flow going in the tank, dump a bottle of Dr Tims or your preferred Bac in a bottle and get the water temp up to help the bacteria to propagate. I've read that getting your temp over 80deg helps speed up the cycling but not necessary

Give Sahny-boo-boo a call and have him drop a load in there. Insta-cycle...make sure you turn on the skimmer.

Dang man all you guys are getting super nice new tanks. Im jelly. Ill comer over and pee in it for you?

Fill the sucker up. Get it going and running for at least a month before you start adding corals. Even if you add bacteria to the tank you will still need time to allow it to grow. Then add one small one at a time. It always sucks to lose nice pieces because your rushed something.

Latest posts