does anyone know whats on my clown?

I have these black specs on my picasso clown fish.. im sure it isnt black ich.. can anyone tell me why it would have black speckles on it

some time clowns get this it can be a few things like water quality stress or need more nutrition such as vitamins we sell a multi vit u can soak the food in

are you talking about in the orange? my buddys clowns have this too, i think its just genetics or something. his clowns are healthy and have that same pattern black spots on the orange. if shes healthy and eating i wouldnt worry too much about it

are you talking about in the orange? my buddys clowns have this too, i think its just genetics or something. his clowns are healthy and have that same pattern black spots on the orange. if shes healthy and eating i wouldnt worry too much about it
Oh ok I guess it could be normal.. its just that my other clown never had it an now it does so both have them but they never did to start with.. but other then that they eat perfectly fine

bvysochin

Supporter
2020 POTM
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Is the clown hosting anything? Sometimes if they host a coral not normal to it they can get those spots. I had a friend that had a clown hosting zoas a gsp and the clown developed those spots. Nothing to worry about just a reaction to the corals sting. I actually have a pair of clowns hosting a patch of yellow star polyps but haven't developed those spots. I'm guessing it depends on the type of coral and/ or the type of toxin it produces when irritated by the clown.

Mine had the same spots after hosting a hammer( or may have been a torch, can't remember) Pretty sure it's just stings.. They went away , verrrry slowly.