Emergency help

Today I came home and noticed that one of my ecoxotic led strips had fallen into my tank... Has anyone had this happen before? My fish seem fine but all my zoas are closed and my acans have all receded... Please any input is really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
Just take out the light and give the coral time to recoup. Probably some stray voltage. Good chance they will come back with good water quality and stable params.

Water change would help and it could be that your other light its not that strong with out the one that when bad give it some time

Idk what a Gfci is. They were just two strips that were plugged in together. I really hope I don't lose em. I have no clue how long it was in there for.

No. I didn't have any of those... I wish I did now.. Would a water change really help? I have like half a thing of salt.. So I could do a small one

And if you don't have a GFCI receptacle by your tank. It would be smart to at least get GFCI power strip and connect all your equipment.

Mine didn't fall in but one of the cable ends was submerged in water idk for how long. Surprisingly everything looked okay except for my feather dusters. So I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't that I put my hand in to remove the dead dusters and got zapped. That's when I realized something was not going good at all. Anyway...just wait it out now :/ not much you can do

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk