EcoTech + Aqua Illumination = ???

sounds like a good way to kill competition between two top Lighting brands. let the pricing collusion begin weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wankel

Supporter
Sounds more like a PR stunt to me, nothing is changing... Whats the point? A merger is a legal consolidation of two companies into one entity, which according to their FAQ is not happening.

Sounds more like a PR stunt to me, nothing is changing... Whats the point? A merger is a legal consolidation of two companies into one entity, which according to their FAQ is not happening.
The point is they have been each others main competition for years. causing each company to lower prices to beat out the other and work harder to innovate. Now they can work together on launching new products so as not to step on each others toes. they can work together to get top dollar for products. Im telling you all this will do is kill competition and keep high prices. Im sure some will disagree :)

Booo. Bad for reefers wallets & prob decrease innovation.

Im waiting for the super reef monopoly of Ecotech + AI + Tunze + Neptune Sys + Digital Aquatics. Ill simply give them my first born child + left nut in return for something...anything.... thank you

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Booo. Bad for reefers wallets & prob decrease innovation.

Im waiting for the super reef monopoly of Ecotech + AI + Tunze + Neptune Sys + Digital Aquatics. Ill simply give them my first born child + left nut in return for something...anything.... thank you

First born and left nut? That would be the used price

Wankel

Supporter
The point is they have been each others main competition for years. causing each company to lower prices to beat out the other and work harder to innovate. Now they can work together on launching new products so as not to step on each others toes. they can work together to get top dollar for products. Im telling you all this will do is kill competition and keep high prices. Im sure some will disagree :)
I 100% agree, thats what the laws are put in place for, people like this, trying to increase prices and reduce competition.

I guess if you can't beat them... join them. This is unfortunate for the aquarium industry but with LED technology getting cheaper and more advanced maybe something good will come out of both of them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I guess if you can't beat them... join them. This is unfortunate for the aquarium industry but with LED technology getting cheaper and more advanced maybe something good will come out of both of them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
yah like higher profits for them. Im sure they will pool POs of LEDs etc to get better margin when they charge higher prices lol

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I bet AI will be set as a more value oriented line and the Radions being the flagship line. No direct competition but an expanse of products for different budgets. Hopefully another LED brand steps up to make competition

pgr11

Supporter
This was my first thought also.