Jebao to Apex Wiring and Programming

lemonyx

I am currently running two Jebao WP-40s on my 225gal and really like the pumps. No hacking, or wire cutting with the added Reef Angel (SpeedWave) adapter cable. I wanted some pumps that were controllable with my Apex to run various modes to try and simulate water movement. And with the Jebao WP-40 I think I have and at decent pricing.
For the Apex interface, I had a reefer friend crimp a Cat-5 connector onto some cat wiring I had bough from HD and had to order a VDM module as the variable speed ports on the Apex main module were used for LEDS.

(pixs not mine)

The smaller end goes the stock power supply,

To the pump

And these two to the Apex

The diy Cat 5 are those two wires (blue and blue w/white stripe) from the Apex VDM module (remember that I mentioned that I'm using the base "V" ports for the diy LEDS

No longer needed

http://www.reefangel.com/order.aspx
To order the Reef Angel adapter cable $25ea

And the programming (not mine)

Variable Speed Pump 1 and 2

WP40_Lt

Set Wave1
If Time 08:00 to 10:59 Then DuskDawn
If Time 11:00 to 14:00 Then Wave1
If Time 14:01 to 20:00 Then DuskDawn
If Time 20:01 to 07:59 Then Night
If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then Lt_Flush
If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then DuskDawn
If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then Wave2
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

WP40_Rt

Set Wave1
If Time 08:00 to 11:59 Then DuskDawn
If Time 12:00 to 14:00 Then Wave1
If Time 14:01 to 20:00 Then DuskDawn
If Time 20:01 to 07:59 Then Night
If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then Rt_Flush
If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then DuskDawn
If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then Wave2
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Pump Profiles:

Wave1 (main daylight wave pattern)

Synchronize Enabled
Divide by 10 Enabled
Initial off time (Seconds) 0
On time (Seconds) 7
Off time (Seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 0
Maximum intensity 100

Wave2 (Similar pattern to the above but Sync is disabled which creates abit more chaos)

Synchronize Disabled
Divide by 10 Enabled
On time (Seconds) 7
Off time (Seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 0
Maximum intensity 100

Lt_Flush

Synchronize Disabled
Divide by 10 Disabled
On time (Seconds) 30
Off time (Seconds) 30
Minimum intensity 0
Maximum intensity 90

Rt_Flush

Synchronize Disabled
Divide by 10 Disabled
Initial off time (Seconds) 30
On time (Seconds) 30
Off time (Seconds) 30
Minimum intensity 0
Maximum intensity 90

DuskDawn (This is a lower flow wave pattern used intermittently during the light hours as well as before and after lights go out)

Synchronize Enabled
Divide by 10 Enabled
On time (Seconds) 7
Off time (Seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 0
Maximum intensity 30

Night (Sets a constant 30% flow during light off hours)

Synchronize Disabled
Divide by 10 Disabled
On time (Seconds) 10
Off time (Seconds) 15
Minimum intensity 30
Maximum intensity 30

Virtual Outlets

3 timers. The timers are used to create short random periods of different flow during daylight hours.

Timer1 (turns on every 120 minutes for 10 minutes. If timer 2 is on at that time, it should remain off)

OSC 120:00/010:00/000:00 Then ON
If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then OFF
If Time 19:30 to 08:00 Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Timer2 (turns on every 45 minutes for 15 minutes except if timer 3 is on)

OSC 045:00/015:00/000:00 Then ON
If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Timer3 (turn on every 15 minutes for 5 minutes except if timer 1 is on)

OSC 015:00/005:00/000:00 Then ON
If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Hope this :help (2):

Good lookin' out Chas! I saw someone on the Neptune boards making the harness to be able to control two WP pumps using one harness and one variabe port on the apex.

Did you have to do the wiring to the Cat5 cable or was that part already done?

Oh, and Portland, huh? We should talk...

Thanks for posting this. Im gona try out the programming when I get around to modifying my RA cables.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Will do Omar. Looks pretty straight foward. Just need to make sure and put the red and black wires in correct spot for the apex. The thing I like about the RA cables is you dont need to hack up the stock controller and it has a built in voltage divider so you dont half to worry about over powering the pumps and burning them out

lemonyx

Will do Omar. Looks pretty straight foward. Just need to make sure and put the red and black wires in correct spot for the apex. The thing I like about the RA cables is you dont need to hack up the stock controller and it has a built in voltage divider so you dont half to worry about over powering the pumps and burning them out

Exactly plug and play

Reefomeez: the cat 5 was diy and that is easy, especially if you know someone with the crimper. I have a couple extra cat 5 made up in case someone needs one or you could order on off e-bay cut it in have and you have 2.

lemonyx

Good lookin' out Chas! I saw someone on the Neptune boards making the harness to be able to control two WP pumps using one harness and one variabe port on the apex.

Did you have to do the wiring to the Cat5 cable or was that part already done?

Oh, and Portland, huh? We should talk...
I'm wanareef on the PNWMAS

The problem with that both pumps are programmed the same but only use one "V" port vs the way I have it you can program each pump differently but takes up two "V" ports

The problem with that both pumps are programmed the same but only use one "V" port vs the way I have it you can program each pump differently but takes up two "V" ports
Thats right. Thats why im gonna do mine with one pump per v port.

Oh cool...I'm still reefomeez on there...I keep it consistent because I'd forget otherwise. Welcome to SoCaliReefs...or PremierReef rather.

So I thought that one port controlled two variable outlets. I thought that the single physical port on the apex, e.g. V1/V2, would control both variable outlets and allow their programming to be different. So what I'm getting from your post is that V1 & V2 are controlled exactly the same and don't allow each to be a different program...is that right? If so, I wonder why they did it this way...I can't imagine a situation where you'd want 2 outlets of any kind to be programmed exactly the same.

I can. How about several strings of blue leds. You would want them all to ramp at the same rate, but if they draw more amps than a single port can handle you could fry the port. If I remember correctly the v1/v3 and v2/v4 ports are progammable idependantly. I.e. v1 can have 1 program while v3 is different they just share a connector. Each port has a pair of wires seperatly in the connector. I think what he was saying is that some people use 1 "V" port to control both pumps instead of splitting them up on the same cat5 connector

Latest posts