Help me with green algae

fhd

Hi everyone, I just start my new reef aquarium, so it is 5 days old only I add some 18lbs live rocks and around 160lbs half live rock and dead rock mix from local sea and DIY rock It was cured for 4 month in sprat tank and was all test shown to zero. After that I put them all in my aquarium except 18lbs sure live rocks wich I put them from 5 days only when I start my aquarium. So now after 5 days I am start seeing some of light green algae on my DIY rock. is everything going good or bad? I use purple up and the light turn on for 10 hrs with 13 hrs moon light after normal light gose off. I had 3 or more crabs and one red shrimp and laboster and some snials please help if there is any suggestions for algaes

Tank size 200gal
Skimmer off
Ph8.2
Nitrates 10
Nitrites 0
Calcium 350
Amonia 0.50

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

It's too early to worry about algae. (It's too early for your critters too.) Read the stickies in the beginner's reef forum and practice patience. I know it's hard to wait but it'll pay off.

well cut down the light not needed and turn on the skimmer this maybe normal but what is your alk and mag running ? and the beginning of a new tank for the first 4 to 6 month you may cycle through a few different algae stages , is there coral in the tank?

pgr11

Supporter
Keep the light off during your cycle. No need for them. Once its all cycled and ready add a cuc and let them go to work. You'll be fine

fhd

Peter. No I don't I had live sand 40lbs if I need bacteria advice me from where can I get them and how long shuld I make light on cuz purple up need light 10 hrs cool white with blue and 13 blue only thank you all

fhd

Adrock there is no coral only two dead coral for decor lol

ok kool have you tested your alk and Mag if so what are those readings, I would recommend keep up the alk and mag keep the light to a minimal , if not at all and and keep a eye on the ammonia and nitrite

fhd

ok kool have you tested your alk and Mag if so what are those readings, I would recommend keep up the alk and mag keep the light to a minimal , if not at all and and keep a eye on the ammonia and nitrite
Still I don't have alk and mag test kit I will buy them by today or nearest time but I use purple up liquid they recommend light what should I do now thanks in advance

well at least now only being up 5 days I would cut the light down to no more than 6 hrs or less if possible we have test kits at my shop I can hook u up on a deal for the red sea reef foundation ca alk mag test kit map pricing is 64.99 but since you are a forum member I can do it for 50.00 im located in Cypress CA let me know thx

fhd

well at least now only being up 5 days I would cut the light down to no more than 6 hrs or less if possible we have test kits at my shop I can hook u up on a deal for the red sea reef foundation ca alk mag test kit map pricing is 64.99 but since you are a forum member I can do it for 50.00 im located in Cypress CA let me know thx
Thanks alot for your help but I am far away from you I am in middle east and once I get the kit I will post the test reading thanks again

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

ok no worries , just pm with any questions u have more than happy to help , our commerce will be information instead of product and currency my brother

fhd

Thank you all I am really glad to discuss with you all

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

fhd

ok no worries , just pm with any questions u have more than happy to help , our commerce will be information instead of product and currency my brother
Hi there I just now test phosphate and it show me zero but alklinaty I don't now how to calculate it I add 8 drops and the liquid come yellow I am using new tech test please help with calculating

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
That rock looks healthy, you will be going through some changes as it's a new tank. Patience and let it go through some cycles of maturity

fhd

That rock looks healthy, you will be going through some changes as it's a new tank. Patience and let it go through some cycles of maturity
There is any chance to get any coral bromley live rock during cycling like a mushrooms coral???