My purple tip frogspawn

One of my very first frags before I knew what I would end up turning into with this awesome hobby!! This frogspawn started off as a 2 head frag which has turned into a 25+ head frogspawn now, my 2 clowns happily host it. About the size of a large cantaloupe now.

IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/7ehaje6y.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What lighting do you run? I have a very similar coral, I switched to led from mh a few months ago, doing well but I definitely noticed it growing a lot slower.

Thanks man, yours does too. Started from one $40 colony I bought about 6 years ago. All speared out, I break the new heads off to make sure all are exposed to the light. Seems to be working so far.

I think we may have the same type. I eamaied back and forth with Eli from Quality Marine, he said they are a hard to import type called Euphllyia Paradivisa. He said he would need to see it In person to be sure but that was his guess. Keep growing it, it may be worth high dollars one day!

Thanks man, yours does too. Started from one $40 colony I bought about 6 years ago. All speared out, I break the new heads off to make sure all are exposed to the light. Seems to be working so far.
Don't break it, mine is beautiful all around!! It's colored up just as good underneath, let it grow out. Looks so awesome that way!! I been asked a few times for frags but I don't plan on fragging it anytime soon!! Let's see how big it can get lol

Nice! it looks very happy in your tank :)

I have one too and last year it spawned in my tank. I saw what looked like little green mushrooms in some cracks, a few months later I realized they were baby frogspawns.
How long did u have before it spawned? Hope mine does that

Latest posts