Apex Fusion is out...do I still need to setup Remote Access?

So Fusion has been released. The biggest win with this interface is that the complicated process of getting remote access setup is a simple click of the button. But the old way is still available...so, is the old way useful any more? I'm looking for your opinions.

My opinion is that redundancy is always a win. For that reason, although I now have Fusion up and running, I'll keep my "old way" of remotely accessing the apex up and running. My thinking is that if the Fusion servers were to ever go offline (likely a rare possibility but one nonetheless) then I would have access via the remote access setup. Another reason I want to have both setup is that Fusion doesn't give you access to all the configurations you can do via the web browser interface of the apex. For example, you can't access the Configuration menu. It's rare you'd want to change something there away from home but again it's possible. For example I could potentially want to change the username and password for the apex.

Anyhow, that's my opinion; what do you think?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
So Fusion has been released. The biggest win with this interface is that the complicated process of getting remote access setup is a simple click of the button. But the old way is still available...so, is the old way useful any more? I'm looking for your opinions.

My opinion is that redundancy is always a win. For that reason, although I now have Fusion up and running, I'll keep my "old way" of remotely accessing the apex up and running. My thinking is that if the Fusion servers were to ever go offline (likely a rare possibility but one nonetheless) then I would have access via the remote access setup. Another reason I want to have both setup is that Fusion doesn't give you access to all the configurations you can do via the web browser interface of the apex. For example, you can't access the Configuration menu. It's rare you'd want to change something there away from home but again it's possible. For example I could potentially want to change the username and password for the apex.

Anyhow, that's my opinion; what do you think?
as an IT guy I agree redundancy is always good!

Latest posts