Alk to hight new reef tank help please

fhd

Hi all, I had 200g reef tank just started from 10 days, 200lbs dead rock and 20lbs live rock, 2or3 inch SB, skimmer off, now I test calciume is down 325ppm and alk too hight before it was 8 now 11, should I use calcium buffer?? Or it is normal in the cycling time every test go up and drop down? What should I do. Plz help
Note: I am using purple up, and for only one week stability seachme.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Stop using Purple Up...that's why your alk is so high. And it's not dangerously high but obviously higher than you want to keep it.

Step 1- get test kits for Alk/Ca/Mg
Step 2- perform tests
Step 3- adjust dosing as appropriate

Make sure you Mg is on point. A low Mg will affect the balance between Alk & Ca. If your Mg is off then dosing and dosing will only cause more issues. Generally Alk affect coral more severely when it fluctuates than Ca so make sure your Mg and Alk are stable and then dose Ca to your desired level. BTW, step 2 above is the most important part of this IMO.

Stop using purple up....I'd suggest getting rid of it all together. As above I wouldn't dose ALK until it comes back down to your desired range. Keep an eye on your levels though and dose Ca and Mg accordingly.

fhd

One bad think I discovered it today that I add 50ml of PU it should only 25ml for my tank I wast it and why I should stop using it?? When I should use it??

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You should never use it, lol. It's not a great product really. It's an inbalanced form of supplementing your tank hence the current situation. You want to find a 2 part dosing brand that you trust and research how to use. 2 parts with some additional Mg dosing adds elements in a balanced fashion. Purple up is mostly alk with not a lot of Ca which is why your levels are what they are.

fhd

You should never use it, lol. It's not a great product really. It's an inbalanced form of supplementing your tank hence the current situation. You want to find a 2 part dosing brand that you trust and research how to use. 2 parts with some additional Mg dosing adds elements in a balanced fashion. Purple up is mostly alk with not a lot of Ca which is why your levels are what they are.
Oow sound is bad, I bought two bottles from it I will return one what I should take as supplement?? I had stability and calcium buffer. Please recommend for me some of good stuff to buy

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I use BRS stuff and mix it myself. I've heard great things of B-Ionic 2 part. I also trust Brightwells overall although I haven't tried their 2 part. The key is testing and following the directions, whatever you end up choosing.