livestock shipping bocxes.

I saw a vendor who wad selling shipping boxes and heatpacks, but I didn't save the site. Anyone know s vendor? Thanks in advance .

I think Chance of Coral sells heat packs...they can probably ship them to you. If you have an LFS then hit them up for the boxes they use to bring the fish from the wholesalers. They'll usually let you have a few.

I saw a vendor who wad selling shipping boxes and heatpacks, but I didn't save the site. Anyone know s vendor? Thanks in advance .
They may not have any laying around anymore since flu season is over. But pharmacies receive vaccines weekly in really high quality foam coolers fitted in boxes. My store throws them out so I take them home. Most stores will keep a few to trasoirt things when needed. Just tell them youre traveling and need one for Insulin.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
And I've never shipped but I always wanted to try the foam wall insulation in a can at hone depot. You'd have to completely surround your bag with it though.
My first few shipments, I did this way but I could never get a clean cut on the wall foam insulation and it looked tacky (especially when the buyer is paying a couple of hundred dollars).
Here's a link for the uline stuff.
http://www.uline.com/BL_2157/Insulated-Shipping-Kits
They're in Riverside county I believe and can usually get the supplies within a day or 2.

i usually recycle the ones i get from purchasing corals online = profit lol. you can buy fedex boxes and get the foam insulation from home depot and line the box with it, or buy from uline. heating packs i get from amazon, i have prime. i use the uline 40 hour heat packs. i took it one step farther and got those plastic acorns you see in the kiddy vending machines at grocery stores. drill a hole in the top and you have a perfect dome to protect the coral in shipment from being smashed.