Peppermint shrimp molesting corals

Tony

It's looking like my peppermint shrimp is an asshole.

I bought a brand new dendrophyllia last week. Put it in the upstairs tank....3gal pico. Not the best idea because nitrates up to 80ppm.

So today I moved him down to the main tank which is mature and established.

I feed the dendro via turkey baster and the little LPS pellets.

I just got done putting 2-3 pellets into the Dendro's arms.....and the peppermint shrimp jumped out of nowhere and started to try to molest the dendro. I shooed it away....but it came right back.

Was this the peppermint shrimp trying to harm the dendro? Or a case of it being an asshole who wanted to steal the pellet food the dendr had?

Never seen anything like this before. It was literally moving it's arms as fast as it could, trying to grab the food pellet out of the dendro's mouth.

Should I get rid of peppermint shrimp? Is he really that good for the overall health of the tank?

thanks

It's just trying to steal the food. You can try giving the shrimp some food first to keep it occupied and then feed the coral.

Tony

Thank you guys, I had a suspicion.

Also....I noticed a worm with many feet that was flat....and had a grey stripe down the middle of its back. The rest of it was white.

I couldn't get a picture....but it was out in the daytime.

From my description.....any guesses if good worm?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Thank you guys, I had a suspicion.

Also....I noticed a worm with many feet that was flat....and had a grey stripe down the middle of its back. The rest of it was white.

I couldn't get a picture....but it was out in the daytime.

From my description.....any guesses if good worm?
Antything that is out and I don't know I get it out then take pics or ask what is it...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

May be bristle worm. Some people like them. I like them when their population is under control. I start yanking them out with tweezers if I see noticeably excessive amount. Don't touch them. Could be pretty bad sh!t if you are allergic to their sting. :)

Tony

Thanks again. Yeah probably bristle and they seem to be under control so far. Stupid clowns still aren't hosting the bubble tip nem....I added two damsels (blue and black one) and everyone seems to be getting along just fine. Got my skimmer up and running and it looks like a happy, healthy tank.

Just need to deal with algae bloom on glass.