Apex alarms

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Here is my alarms for my apex to email/txt me
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then ON (this is to ensure that the network is working)
If Temp > 82.0 Then ON
If Temp < 73.0 Then ON
If Switch3 CLOSED Then ON (this is for my ato reservoir)
If Time 22:00 to 07:00 Then OFF (this is so it doesn't txt me every hour while I'm sleeping)

What alarms do you use?

Last edited:
So you have it text you everyday at noon
Then if temps are out of that range
Then if your ATO res is empty
Then you turn it off from 10PM-7AM...I don't get this one. Is the intent to not receive alarms at all even if they're legit?

Hummm strange... heaters can fail at night also...

82* is a bit low for the high side... during summer without a chiller it'll prob be emailing you all day...and 73* is low for thr low end... I dont let my tank get below 76 or 75.... cant remember.

Mine are set up for a to
Sump high
limit a to
temp low
temp high

Here is my alarms for my apex to email/txt me
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then ON (this is to ensure that the network is working)
If Temp > 82.0 Then ON
If Temp < 73.0 Then ON
If Switch3 CLOSED Then ON (this is for my ato reservoir)
If Time 22:00 to 07:00 Then OFF (this is so it doesn't txt me every hour while I'm sleeping)

What alarms do you use?
Once u setup fusion, u can get rid of the alarm to make sure ur network is working.

Also I would have it setup to alert u if
Temp < 76

If ur heater is working, it shouldn't reach 76. At least my tank has never fluctuated that big before.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Then you turn it off from 10PM-7AM...I don't get this one. Is the intent to not receive alarms at all even if they're legit?
Let's say my ato res is low, it'll sent txt every hour for the whole night until I top it off and I really don't care if my ato res is low and I'm home 95% at the time at night so it don't really matter to me.

Let's say my ato res is low, it'll sent txt every hour for the whole night until I top it off and I really don't care if my ato res is low and I'm home 95% at the time at night so it don't really matter to me.
But if your fish are freezing to death because the chiller is stuck on or boiling because the heater didn't turn off at least you got a good nights sleep...

PW

Can't you shut that alarm off for the ato by disabling it?(turning it off)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM

Do you know what would the programming be for my switch to not send notifications?

The email alarm is a single outlet. So even though you can turn it off, you'd turn it off for all reasons, not just the ATO being low.

Set up a virtual switch triggered by the low ATO switch, put the same condition(s) so this virtual switch does not come on while you are sleeping. Use the virtual switch to trigger the alarm, ensuring you get your beauty sleep and only the important stuff would wake you up.

Here are my alarm triggers:

Set OFF
If Switchx3_1 CLOSED Then ON (leak detector)
If Outlet V_SumpLowAlm = ON Then ON (low sump float switch, with condition the float switch stay closed for at least 10 min)
If Outlet V_SumpHigh = ON Then ON (same condition as low sump but for highsump level)
If Tnk_Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
If Tnk_Tmp > 83.0 Then ON
If QT_Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
If QT_Tmp > 83.0 Then ON
If Power EB8_5 Off 000 Then ON (my apex is on a battery back up and so is my wireless router, I "should" get a email and alarm if one of the EB8 is not getting power)
If Power EB8_6 Off 000 Then ON
If Outlet V_PH_ALM = ON Then ON (conditioned to only come on when PH is above or below set point for X minuets)
If FeedA 005 Then OFF (turns the alarm\email while I do maintenance or during feeding)
If FeedB 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF

I used to use Cond and ORP to trigger alarms but those probes tend to lie about what the tank is actually doing.

Set up virtual outlets for your float switches...

Sump low
if switch3 open then on
if switch 3 closed then off

Sump high
ato res

Then set up your ato as a series of commands... example
If sump low on then on
if sump high on then off
if ato res on then off

Then you can turn off your ato alert without turning off your entire notification system

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Set up a virtual switch triggered by the low ATO switch, put the same condition(s) so this virtual switch does not come on while you are sleeping. Use the virtual switch to trigger the alarm, ensuring you get your beauty sleep and only the important stuff would wake you up.

Set OFF
If Outlet V_SumpLowAlm = ON Then ON (low sump float switch, with condition the float switch stay closed for at least 10 min)
If Outlet V_SumpHigh = ON Then ON (same condition as low sump but for highsump level)
If QT_Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
If QT_Tmp > 83.0 Then ON
If Power EB8_5 Off 000 Then ON (my apex is on a battery back up and so is my wireless router, I "should" get a email and alarm if one of the EB8 is not getting power)
If Outlet V_PH_ALM = ON Then ON (conditioned to only come on when PH is above or below set point for X minuets)
If FeedA 005 Then OFF (turns the alarm\email while I do maintenance or during feeding)
If FeedB 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF

I used to use Cond and ORP to trigger alarms but those probes tend to lie about what the tank is actually doing.

Sump low
if switch3 open then on

Sump high
ato res

If sump low on then on
if sump high on then off
if ato res on then off

Then you can turn off your ato alert without turning off your entire notification system
Thank you for the help. I'll give this a shot

Thats the one thing im having trouble wrapping ny head around. I cant seem to figure out the virtual outlet thing and alarms. Heheh. Im probably trying to make it more difficult than it actually is.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

These are great suggestions!

Pierce- are you lowsump and highsump virtual outlets linked up with actual float switches?
Yes, I have two float switch on one tank for high and low water sensors. The lower float is used to trigger on top off water, timed to turn off after 5 minuets. I also have a delay syntex to trigger a low level warning if the low level switch stays low for more than 15 minuets. The high water float is used to trigger the high sump level warning and turns off the skimmer.

My other tank have a third float, used to shut off few other things if the water gets the a higher level.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM

The email alarm is a single outlet. So even though you can turn it off, you'd turn it off for all reasons, not just the ATO being low.

Set OFF
If QT_Tmp < 74.0 Then ON
If QT_Tmp > 83.0 Then ON
If FeedB 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF

Sump low
if switch3 open then on

Sump high
ato res

If sump low on then on
if sump high on then off
if ato res on then off

Here's what I came up with

EmailAlm_I5
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then ON
If Temp > 82.0 Then ON
If Temp < 73.0 Then ON
If Outlet ATO_Res = ON Then ON

ATO_Res
Set OFF
If Switch3 CLOSED Then ON
If Time 21:00 to 07:00 Then OFF

Latest posts