New chemipure blue

Any updates on this product? I need to replace my elite. Which should I get? Is it better to get two small bags for the sump or one of the large bags?
Ok so here's my experience with it. It left my water super sparkling clear. I got it before it hit the shelves through my job. I used it for the recommended 4 weekwithout replacing. My alk stayed a lot more stable and I noticed it did reduce the amount of algae growth on my glass. Only down side...I had my first hair algae outbreak since I started the tank up a year ago. I can't completely attribute this to the product but I did find it weird. I also experienced a film of clear algae like stuff on the glass just a day after adding it.it all went away after I scraped it off the day after.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Ok so here's my experience with it. It left my water super sparkling clear. I got it before it hit the shelves through my job. I used it for the recommended 4 weekwithout replacing. My alk stayed a lot more stable and I noticed it did reduce the amount of algae growth on my glass. Only down side...I had my first hair algae outbreak since I started the tank up a year ago. I can't completely attribute this to the product but I did find it weird. I also experienced a film of clear algae like stuff on the glass just a day after adding it.it all went away after I scraped it off the day after.
The instructions on the outside of the container say replace in 4 months (not 4 weeks)

BeanMachine

Supporter
Anytime you can use a reactor would be better... passive filtration works but you have to imagine that not all the water is passing the media or is being forced through it.

In the past I've used Chemipure Elite and Clear FX pro... and while they work... my tank has never looked better going with just carbon and bio pellets in reactors. (or for some GFO instead of Biopellets)

I also don't believe that the media lasts that long... it really depends on the amount of nutrients in the system as far as how long it takes to be exhausted.

Thanks for the review! And thanks for the tip bean! Looks like I'll try a reactor out instead.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
You can. Just like bean said, a reactor is better though. I use GFO in a reactor and just toss chemipure elite on a high flow area of my sump. The reason...I don't want to buy another reactor haha
I also don't want another electrical gizmo but how do you determine a high flow area in the sump. I'd like to throw it in the sock but I'm concerned the carbon may get pulverized in there

Just added this a couple of days ago and it seems that the water is clearer. No way to measure this though. But that is my initial impression.

I also don't want another electrical gizmo but how do you determine a high flow area in the sump. I'd like to throw it in the sock but I'm concerned the carbon may get pulverized in there
Pretty much anywhere that water initially flows into. An example would be right next to each panel.

Latest posts