Second Cycle, More Questions

GoBigGuy

Hello Again,

I have a 90 gallon Seaclear System II tank that was originally setup by my brother with crushed coral and just base rock which I ended up putting in about 10lbs of live rock and cycled with Dr Tim's One and Only. Only took about 6 days for the tank to cycle the first round but my fish ended up getting ich and were moved to a QT tank.

While I have my fish in the QT tank I figured I might as well redo the tank the way I want to do it so a week ago I removed all the crushed coral and base rock and replaced it with 80lbs live sand and 70lbs of live rock. Learned quickly that removing the cc and adding all that live rock pretty much started my 2nd cycle. Thursday I put in another bottle of Dr Tim's One and Only and it seems to have helped and some of my water test are looking better: pH 8.0, ammonia 0, nitrites 2.0, nitrates 80

My question is should I wait a bit longer to do a water change and let the tank build itself up or should I do a 10% water change now?

NVTE

do you have skimmer in that system ?
I would wait little to see how the thing turn out.
When you introduce the liverock in there, some die off, so you can do 10% waterchange and wait.
good luck.

If you don't have any live stocks in the tank, i'll just let it build itself up. You don't have to do a water change. Just be patient it will neutral out