DYN free hosting to end...

Got this in an email.

To our Dyn free hostname users:

For the last 15 years, all of us at Dyn have taken pride in offering you and millions of others a free version of our Dynamic DNS Pro product. What was originally a product built for a small group of users has blossomed into an exciting technology used around the world.

That is why with mixed emotions we are notifying you that in 30 days, we will be ending our free hostname program. This change in the business will allow us to invest in our customer support teams, Internet infrastructure, and platform security so that we can continue to strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience for our paying customers.

We would like to invite you to upgrade to VIP status for a 25% discounted rate, good for any package of Remote Access (formerly DynDNS Pro). By doing so, you'll have access to customer support, additional hostnames, and more.

Here's how you get this done in two easy steps:

- Login to account.dyn.com.
- Click here to add Remote Access to your cart at the 25% off VIP rate. The discount will be applied upon checkout.

We thank you for your usage of Dyn through the years, and hope to continue to support you through Dyn Remote Access or other products for years to come. Please visit our FAQ page or this blog post for any additional information.

Are there any alternatives for us cheapskates?

W.

Band together and put a dollar in.

Fusion is also an option and free if you own the apex. (And before Mike Solitude asks, I say "free" as of now. It is unknown if there will be a fee eventually. All signs point to no. But no one knows yet, Mike.)

Band together and put a dollar in.

Fusion is also an option and free if you own the apex. (And before Mike Solitude asks, I say "free" as of now. It is unknown if there will be a fee eventually. All signs point to no. But no one knows yet, Mike.)
What exactly does fusion operate to remedy this, Omar?

What exactly does fusion operate to remedy this, Omar?
Instead of the phone app which requires a hostname (dynamic DNS service) you can use fusion which doesn't require a hostname and is web based so all you need is a web browser. Neptune hosts it for you on their servers.

Inhave both dyndns and fusion and like both options. Dyndns is only $25 a year and you get 30 hostnames. To me thats worth it.
Of course fusions webpage looks alot better than the stock webpage in my opinion, especially where the graphs are concerned.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Inhave both dyndns and fusion and like both options. Dyndns is only $25 a year and you get 30 hostnames. To me thats worth it.
Of course fusions webpage looks alot better than the stock webpage in my opinion, especially where the graphs are concerned.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Agreed. That's why I say band together. One account, 30 reefers. (Sounds kinky)

Or roll with Fusion which will be better. It's the future and they'll stop supporting the app at some point.

But I'll keep both while I can.

Agreed. That's why I say band together. One account, 30 reefers. (Sounds kinky)

Or roll with Fusion which will be better. It's the future and they'll stop supporting the app at some point.

But I'll keep both while I can.
So does that mean the remote access you set up is gonna stop working?

If so I'll pitch in a buck...
I have fusion but I'd like to have this as a back up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts