Looking for a controller

Gato

Current system 90gal skimmer, MH, refugium.
Will be going to 150gal tank in the next 6mos, like your impute on what direction to go. What controller is most compatible out there? Simple sys but like to grow.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
Just blow the money and get an Apex. expensive at first but can add on as needed from what I hear. I just bought a reef keeper and am happy but still wish i had just got the apex.

Full blown apex. Youll have more options and can add all kinds of stuff. I started with the reefkeeper and found that there enegerybars dont have enough outlets to start with. To use a ph probe tou need a module etc. The apex has internet capability out of the box, 8 outlets temp and ph probes etc. And is fully expandable, can do whatever you want it to. Costs more to start but in the long run will be about the same as a reefkeeper with all the modules.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
It's expensive but do it right the first time and get an apex. You will eventually kick yourself if you don't. I've never seen anyone regret buying one

It's expensive but do it right the first time and get an apex. You will eventually kick yourself if you don't. I've never seen anyone regret buying one
This.

Honestly, with the introduction of Fusion, I don't know how Digital Aquatics will stay in business. So many products are being released "Apex Ready" now that I think the industry/market has made it's choice in the Neptune vs DA battle. It's like VHS vs Beta...

I have newer version full apex w/ lab grade ph probe only like 6 months. I'm willing to sell it since I don't have a tank running at the moment

Gato

So what am hearing Apex is the route to go, I did talk to someone at Max from Digital Aquatics was new. Didn’t give me the info I was looking for. That’s why I ask the question here. Even tho am new here to this site, like to get to know what really works best from the hobbyist, and not always what you read.

Am just saying.

Thanks for all your input.