another sidewalk sale soon?

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I missed last years since I work weekends. Lucky me I get to make this years on time for setting up. Cash only I assume?
Yes, although we are going to have Will Call open so if you place an online or phone order earlier in the week and don't want to pay for shipping, you can pick the item up at the scratch & dent.

I think he asked if the side walk sale will be cash only in terms of payment for the scratch and dents items which will be sold on the side walk sale.

Yes, although we are going to have Will Call open so if you place an online or phone order earlier in the week and don't want to pay for shipping, you can pick the item up at the scratch & dent.

We are actually going to post an official announcement next week.

I can share some details with you now, though:

What: Marine Depot Scratch and Dent sale
When: 9/13 9am 1pm
Where: Marine Depot 14271 Corporate Dr. Garden Grove, CA 92843

We are trying to iron out a few other details to entice you all to come, so that's why we haven't formally announced it yet.

We've gone to greater efforts to merchandise products by citing what, if anything, is wrong and what parts, if any, are missing. Often times people just return stuff because it's scratched or didn't end up working perfectly for their application, so you're gonna find some gems fo sho.

Also, if you're a local hobbyist, an MD customer and on our email list, we will send an email reminder before the big day as well, in addition to posting the event to our FB page and all the (relevant) message boards we sponsor.

Thank you so much for your interest and for following up with us, much appreciated!
Oh Steve

bugeye

I think he asked if the side walk sale will be cash only in terms of payment for the scratch and dents items which will be sold on the side walk sale.
I'm pretty sure the will call is paid for in advance over the phone. At least that's how it works when I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) That is not what I am asking.

Derk asks: is the side walk sale cash deal only?
MD: you can pickup stuff your stuff at Scratch & dent location
Vu: that is not what Derk was asking....
John: You pay in advanced for will-call option

I feel like someone asks the question "What is your name?" then the other guy say "$1 for a banana"...the answer is correct but it does not answer the question ! Am I missing something here?

I'm pretty sure the will call is paid for in advance over the phone. At least that's how it works when I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) That is not what I am asking.

Derk asks: is the side walk sale cash deal only?
MD: you can pickup stuff your stuff at Scratch & dent location
Vu: that is not what Derk was asking....
John: You pay in advanced for will-call option

I feel like someone asks the question "What is your name?" then the other guy say "$1 for a banana"...the answer is correct but it does not answer the question ! Am I missing something here?
I think they answered " Yes" to cash only.. Its the first word in response to the question, and then went on to mention will call will be open

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nik, that makes sense :); I saw that "Yes", but I was thrown off by the following sentences :)

I think they answered " Yes" to cash only.. Its the first word in response to the question, and then went on to mention will call will be open

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Thanks Nik, that makes sense :); I saw that "Yes", but I was thrown off by the following sentences :)
Sorry for the confusion! The scratch & dent merchandise is indeed going to be cash only; in addition, if you would like to pick up something new the day you visit, you can place a will call order with us over the phone any time the week beforehand and pick it up the day of the sale so you don't have to pay for shipping.

Figured it was worth mentioning for anyone who may be interested in picking up sand, salt... that sorta thing! :nicetank:

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Are there usually any vortechs at the side walk sale?
It is unlikely. EcoTech is one of a few brands that prefer us to steer all warranty and customer service issues to them, so we don't really get a bunch of gently used VorTechs lying around. They have stringent quality control standards, and, because their products are so prized, people have tried to pull all sorts of shenanigans when returning them to stores, so that's probably another reason why EcoTech likes to work directly with end-users.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
That makes sense. I ll still stop by to check out the other goodies!
Sweet! We're still ironing out the details but it's sounding like we'll have a couple of coral frag vendors present that day to make your visit even more worthwhile. We'll start a new thread once we receive confirmation and post a flyer.