Can I treat ich with UV sterilizer only?

Can I treat ich with UV sterilizer only?

I have a 20 gallon QT. yesterday i bought some fish and found out one of the royal gramma has ich this morning.
so i setup my UV sterilizer with a 100 gallon/hour pump. i do not want to use copper since i also have a flame angle in the QT.
can i treat ich with UV only if i run it 24/7 for two weeks? do i have to separate this royal gramma since i havnt seen any ich on other fish in QT?

thank you

yes you can I would also treat with Metronidazole and focus in the food check out my sponsor thread and you will see my ich cocktail remedy good luck pm me with any questions you may have

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
UV sterilizer will help to kill what is in the water column but it won't necessarily rid your fish of ich.

UV sterilizer will help to kill what is in the water column but it won't necessarily rid your fish of ich.
I concurr with andy, it would only mutate the parasite from furthur developemnt while in the water column. Copper is not so bad, just take it slow. If you need help pm ill walk ypu thru the process. GL, and consider this a reefing curvre

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Uv itself is not enough to rid the fish from it. As stated above it only neutralizes the ich that go through it.

Uv could help but its not 100%

But it could also be the fish is new and is under stress i got a blue tang and it got white spots but they are going away its been in my tank for 3 day so if your fish is eating just add some vitamines and garlic to the food amd if would be ok

Guys, there are only 3 known n proven eradicated cure. Hyposalinity, tank transfer, n copper. Adrock formula is a natural remedy in adding the own immune system to fend for it self. Quite remarkable. Trying something and it goes away in a few day, only to return in numbers. Whats There one day and gone another could possibly be the parasite detached and ready itself for the next cycle. Thats where (as stated above) the UV n WC come in action. Aproximate date and time is up for debate. Copper has been succesful for me after the second time around. Put it this way. If you treat dont treat itll die, if you treated and some survive you've just gain experienced and knowledge of the issue. I do apoloize if I've affended any poster re their remedy....If it has worked for you then reef on, your doing something right that I myself have tried and are unseccessful…

how to prepare garlic food? can i chop some fresh garlic, then mix with dry food pellets? or get the juice out of garlic then soak the food in it?
This the best and fresh way.no additives added. But be careful continued and long term use has been documented are unhealthy. Use sparingly when not in dire need

Latest posts