Apex Fusion, do I need it? Do I want it?

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Well yes I could search but threads here get derailed very fast and for so long so I though I would post my own.

Well I have my apex hooked up with a DYN account (paid). My apex runs smoothly and have never had a problem with access or control. I enjoy the dashboard and always skip past the fusion threads... So...

What is fusion?

Do I need it?

Why should I get it?

What benefit would I have in getting it?

I like things the way there. I don't need an easier way to have remote access, i think it's pretty simple the way it is. I wouldn't feel cool if I got it.
Your thoughts?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Then don't get it :p I just like the new features like being able to control my vortech pumps with the wxm module. Has a nicer interface. But if yours is working I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Then don't get it :p I just like the new features like being able to control my vortech pumps with the wxm module. Has a nicer interface. But if yours is working I wouldn't worry about it.

What's nicer about it? Have a screen shot? Are there any bugs that need fixing?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yeah still in beta... I'm not on my PC so I can post some tomorrow. What sucks its only web only for certain features. Just a prettier GUI :)

Well yes I could search but threads here get derailed very fast and for so long so I though I would post my own.

Well I have my apex hooked up with a DYN account (paid). My apex runs smoothly and have never had a problem with access or control. I enjoy the dashboard and always skip past the fusion threads... So...

What is fusion?

Do I need it?

Why should I get it?

What benefit would I have in getting it?

I like things the way there. I don't need an easier way to have remote access, i think it's pretty simple the way it is. I wouldn't feel cool if I got it.
Your thoughts?
Exactly how I am (except no paid DYNDNS)!

W.

tylbaart

I have it and its a cleaner web interface and free. I acess on my phone a lot and I find that I use the app with dyndns more often as it just seems more responsive. The graphs are cleaner in fusion but its less intuitive to me to navigate.

The ability to share viewing rights and control rights on fusion is nice for vacation etc.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I think a better question is how much will it cost? :)
J/k Omar.
I have it and like it. It's another way to monitor you apex. The web interface is much prettier and setting up alerts is much easier as well

I think a better question is how much will it cost? :)
J/k Omar.
I have it and like it. It's another way to monitor you apex. The web interface is much prettier and setting up alerts is much easier as well
lmao...

Currently, there's no reason for you to get Fusion. That will change IMO. Having a web-based interface will allow them to update and add features without the constraint of the Android or Apple API. Eventually they will stop supporting the app and then it'll be game over. At this point the big win is for people that haven't been able to get the "simple" setup done but eventually there will be compelling reasons for all to migrate I think. As of now, if you have a WXM or an AWM then it's already worth it because the controls are way easier on Fusion. I find myself using Fusion more and more versus the app these days.

Also, despite having the old way setup, redundancy is king. Having both is ideal IMO.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I think a good analogy would be viewing SCR via tapatalk or through a browser. Tapatalk gets it done but things look a little prettier on a browser

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I think a good analogy would be viewing SCR via tapatalk or through a browser. Tapatalk gets it done but things look a little prettier on a browser
That's the just I got from Omar's reply. I like using the app because I can get to it faster. I have so many windows open on my phone. I'm going to do it tonight. Hopefully I like it.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
lmao...

Currently, there's no reason for you to get Fusion. That will change IMO. Having a web-based interface will allow them to update and add features without the constraint of the Android or Apple API. Eventually they will stop supporting the app and then it'll be game over. At this point the big win is for people that haven't been able to get the "simple" setup done but eventually there will be compelling reasons for all to migrate I think. As of now, if you have a WXM or an AWM then it's already worth it because the controls are way easier on Fusion. I find myself using Fusion more and more versus the app these days.

Also, despite having the old way setup, redundancy is king. Having both is ideal IMO.
I still haven't reached the full potential of my apex and have been meaning to upgrade my accessories so with that you have convinced me to get it.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
That's the just I got from Omar's reply. I like using the app because I can get to it faster. I have so many windows open on my phone. I'm going to do it tonight. Hopefully I like it.
I did it just because I was finally able to register on the fusion site. When you update the firmware, make sure it's hardwired.

I just upgraded to Fusion. And other than not needing dyndns anymore for remote access, it's ok. I don't need radion or AI functionality, so a lot of the features to me are the same.

If anyone needs help upgrading, let me know. I had to directly connect my laptop to my apex to run the firmware update.