Wow look at these lights!

So i had to use that title to grab attention but anywho I came across this led light fixture (taotronics in amazon & photon on reefbreeders same thing) . The fixture looks nice it has the 24hr built in timer to create the sunrise sunset has anybody used them, any experiences? The lights are chinese but look really good & i read a lot of good reviews on RC here is a pic of what they look like

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone

xmas_one

Same thing as a RB Photon. I have a D120, same thing without the display and timers and junk, I like it so far. You can also mod the color mix easily with different LEDs if you want.

Same thing as a RB Photon. I have a D120, same thing without the display and timers and junk, I like it so far. You can also mod the color mix easily with different LEDs if you want.
Yes the D120 is basically the non dimming version. I want this model to get the sunrise sunset effect. May i ask how long you have had them & how your coral is doing?

xmas_one

I've been running them for a little over a week. It's all good as far as the corals are concerned. There are a zillion threads/posts over on RC with people having good results. Also, you can dim the D120, but it's manual. I don't really buy into the ramping debate anyways.

xmas_one

What do those go for in terms of price?
Just under 300 for the programmable ones and around 130 for the manually dimmed ones.

Edit, they are ridiculously bright with the optics on them, mine hits 550 PAR @ 24" with both channels turned all the way up.

Ive been running a reefbreeders photon48 for about 3 weeks now started with the settings super low and im up too 70blue and 20white and getting 300par on the sandbed 25" deep at first i hated the colors i just hanged the lights for the first week and ran all channels the same but i played around with it till i found the coloration i like and it aint too bad. So far all corals are doing great .

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

They are listed for 320 on amazon & reefbreeders i read that he does group buys on RC often but he hasnt replied to my msg. LAreefguy if you are interested pm (i am not selling any) MRCYCS805 you think you can post pics of your tank with current lights?

here ya go this is over my 90 had to turn the blues almost all the way down to get the color to show

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I've had 2 of the d120s for 18 mo or so and I love them. For LEDs, they a seem to be the best bang for your buck unless you go the DIY route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wow about them, you get what you pay for.
LOL 320$ for chinese LEDs is not cheap considering AI sol is 350$ & the vega is 400.

Thats why im asking for reviews from people who own them. & the wow was as stated above, to grab attention.....

I've had 2 of the d120s for 18 mo or so and I love them. For LEDs, they a seem to be the best bang for your buck unless you go the DIY route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you had any type of problems with the lights? Are they the ones with built in timers?