Queen Krakatoa Hype

this hobby is as worse as any other hobby. car collecting, sneaker hype, watch collecting, baseball cards, Jeans, pokemon cards! lol

gotta catch em all.

listen if you are not a collector you wont understand why the market is the way it is. its just like the outside world as well in the hobby. tehre is a market for everything, once someone sets the bar high and it sticks a few times thats the number it will be.

if you dont like it does not mean 15-100 other people dont like it. Just as zoas are expensive so is SPS chalices and Acans. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have to put the zoa down.
+1 well said..

I can afford it but don't wanna spend the money because right after I put it in my tank, it will melt or never open. I'm scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol i had 2 both melted on me / never opened, i know someone that had to get like 4 before they didnt melt on him. Neptune rode in on the krak name train and jacked up the price. I've seen a few in person, they are okay, over priced to me, and i buy expensive zoas haha. I'm over the krakatoa melters... maybe im biased haha

lol i had 2 both melted on me / never opened, i know someone that had to get like 4 before they didnt melt on him. Neptune rode in on the krak name train and jacked up the price. I've seen a few in person, they are okay, over priced to me, and i buy expensive zoas haha. I'm over the krakatoa melters... maybe im biased haha
My first one from GB melt on me, the second on did great. You can't really ship this guy, when the paly is hitting the bag during shipping; it'll cause it to melt due to irritation of being squashed.

My first one from GB melt on me, the second on did great. You can't really ship this guy, when the paly is hitting the bag during shipping; it'll cause it to melt due to irritation of being squashed.
mine came with it in a cup in it so it never touched the bag or got smashed. it came in healthy fat and plump mature polyp, lived in my tank for like a week but never opened then one day it was gone. 2nd one same thing. had it low light low flow as recommended by a buddy who had one too.

Oh, that sucks. Well that is also the reason why price is so expensive, cuz their melter =/ Supply and demand I guess. SC Mike just sold 4 the day before, so from that we can tell the demand. But wonder if their gonne melt on his customer or not lol.

Wankel

Supporter
this hobby is as worse as any other hobby. car collecting, sneaker hype, watch collecting, baseball cards, Jeans, pokemon cards! lol

gotta catch em all.

listen if you are not a collector you wont understand why the market is the way it is. its just like the outside world as well in the hobby. tehre is a market for everything, once someone sets the bar high and it sticks a few times thats the number it will be.

if you dont like it does not mean 15-100 other people dont like it. Just as zoas are expensive so is SPS chalices and Acans. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have to put the zoa down.
This is not true at all, someone, somewhere is getting this zoa among other coral for pennies on the dollar and making 1000+% profit. This is not cool and no other hobby is like it, you can buy Jordans for retail $150? If you go camp out or get tickets for drawings, you don't have to pay 400+ that people flip them for...you can buy a pack of baseball cards for $5 and get that $100 card inside, you don't go and buy the card marked up.

The coral/fish market is the most twisted, money hungry market i've ever experienced, and it most definitely DOES NOT have to be like that. There are hobbyist out there that do not charge an arm and a leg for coral just because others are doing it and that's how it should be. Yet they in return are suspect to criticism and hate from people trying to pull ridiculous profits from the same thing.

If you have the money to blow on that LE piece only 5 other people in the country have then more power to you, you'll have bragging rights for at least a year or two. But it definitely doesn't warrant the ridiculous prices people ask for some of these corals.

You have to sell the zoas for 10x the mark up in order to make the money for the next big zoa craze :). I'm a huge zoa fan so I understand why some pay higher prices to add them to their collection. Geez I've seen 2 polyps online of another kind that went for over $2000. I guess if you have the money and want it why not? This hobby keeps me poor so I can't have any cool ones yet :).

Never got why people pay so much for something so simple that multiplies so quickly. People love rewarding the cherry Pickers at the wholsellers

Never got why people pay so much for something so simple that multiplies so quickly. People love rewarding the cherry Pickers at the wholsellers
Its actually tough to be a cherry picker at most wholsalers. You have to get there when the choice stuff is first up for grabs. Fight the other dudes trying to do the same thing. Also the store needs to buy enough bread and butter to be able to purchase the cherry stuff. Even at the wholsalers there are only x amount of really nice cherry stuff.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Its actually tough to be a cherry picker at most wholsalers. You have to get there when the choice stuff is first up for grabs. Fight the other dudes trying to do the same thing. Also the store needs to buy enough bread and butter to be able to purchase the cherry stuff. Even at the wholsalers there are only x amount of really nice cherry stuff.
How do you know that?

ChanceReef

Premium sponsor
this hobby is as worse as any other hobby. Car collecting, sneaker hype, watch collecting, baseball cards, jeans, pokemon cards! Lol

gotta catch em all.

Listen if you are not a collector you wont understand why the market is the way it is. Its just like the outside world as well in the hobby. Tehre is a market for everything, once someone sets the bar high and it sticks a few times thats the number it will be.

If you dont like it does not mean 15-100 other people dont like it. Just as zoas are expensive so is sps chalices and acans. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you have to put the zoa down.
hey dont dis the baseball cards i have a closet full