Choices...Need help???

Which is better in your opinion and why? Post responses too.

• Reefkeeper2

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Aqua Controller Jr.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am partial to the neptune controllers. they have great customer support at all hours, replacement of things is quick, system upgraded with firmware, etc. I haven't used the Reefkeeper 2, but I was deciding the same thing several years ago and ended up purchasing the ac3 pro and haven't had second thoughts.

reef_doug

Neptune ACJr for sure... the support from Curt at Neptune is outstanding!

I would suggest to get the serial port which makes programing much easier... if possible bump up to the AC3 which will give an OPR port that can be dubbed as a 2nd pH (handy if you have a Calcium Reactor). Also... the AC3 uses Ethernet instead of serial port.

also, isnt the rk2, got more stuff then teh ac jr? shouldnt you compare the rk2 to the ac III or pro

i think the rk2 and the acjr are pretty similar minus the rk2's soft start feature. at least that is what I remember during my research a long while ago. the acjr i think has a little more features if you can program it right. I.e. Feed mode to turn all "defined" pumps off..

comparing rk2 to the ac3/pro would be totally unfair to rk2. It'll be like comparing a Mercedes (low end) to a say....Koenigsegg ;) JMO :D

Last edited:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Im going with whatever Bill has..I eventually want a cool sig like his too

I have the Aquacontroller III, but the signature thing works with the RK also, (I think)

Checkout reefchat.org and look up signature generator and widgets and xml stuff

Good luck

Bill